This will be my first build. I'm basically gonna build a strat from parts. I already know which parts I want, but what I need to know is if I purchase an HSS strat body can I still put three single coils in it? I'd rather the SSS set-up. I generally play blues/funk/rock/jazz (in that order), so I want to keep the traditional strat sound. the only REAL work that I'll do is a custom paint scheme. I'll post what it should look like when I get the scheme on an attach-able file.
Attachments:
Strat repaint_edited-1.jpg
It's so crazy in here you're gonna wish it wasn't so crazy in here!

1995 PRS CE
Fender 50s Classic Player strat
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6
Last edited by Cleared at Jan 22, 2007,
all strat bodies are able to put H-S-H in it it just depends on the pickgaurd you can get pickguards that only have one pickup hole or three single coils or hss or ssh, hsh
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
So what do you think? Is it too busy? would the black sunburst look better? Give me some opinions.

1995 PRS CE
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6
That was the type of vector art paint job I was going to do on mine. Didn't end up doing :P

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Quote by forsaknazrael
A little cliché, in my opinion.
Everyone in art school does designs like that.
Also, good luck cutting the stencil out for that. Real complex.

Unless its hand painted, but I could see that being hard.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

That looks nice! Are you gonna' paint it yourself?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Jeese i'd just do a clear coat or a block colour but that looks great man! seriously awesome. I wouldn't of thought of that
sweet paint job I'd love to do something like that

and yeah you can put SSS in a HSS routed body
@-}-}-}-
Some of it will be airbrushed. Some will be hand painted. I got the idea from a power point presentation that I saw done by a friend of mine.

1995 PRS CE
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6
Last edited by Cleared at Jan 23, 2007,
Quote by Cleared
Some of it will be airbrushed. Some will be hand painted. I got the idea from a power point presentation that I saw done by a friend of mine.

Tbh, I think ive actually seen a powerpoint theme very similar to something like that. If people want inspiration for that type of art work just check deviantart.com because there is similar artwork.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Quote by M4jorpiz
all strat bodies are able to put H-S-H in it it just depends on the pickgaurd you can get pickguards that only have one pickup hole or three single coils or hss or ssh, hsh

Not all Strat bodies are like that.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Lordoflax
Tbh, I think ive actually seen a powerpoint theme very similar to something like that. If people want inspiration for that type of art work just check deviantart.com because there is similar artwork.

Yeah, exactly. It's a very common style of doing graphics. Got into about 3 years ago, and got bored. It was all everyone was doing. They even have brush presets in Photoshop available for download so you can do that.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, exactly. It's a very common style of doing graphics. Got into about 3 years ago, and got bored. It was all everyone was doing. They even have brush presets in Photoshop available for download so you can do that.

Exactly, but putting the design down will be the hardest not the thinking process

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

The stencil shouldn't be overly difficult. I plan on masking the entire guitar, and using a razor to pull off the various shapes of the design. I've done it many times on RC airplanes where the wood is much softer and easier to scar. But, who knows, it could be a royal pain. Thanks for the input, guys (and maybe girls).

1995 PRS CE
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6