sorry for another drug thread but can someone please explain to me the measurements used for pot. i hear people tallk about a ten, and an eighth etc and dont know what this is in real terms/related to cost. just curious really! cheers
Last edited by cky95 at Jan 14, 2007,
tens - £10 worth
8th - eighth of an ounce
O - ounce
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
? grams.... 43's whatever the hell that is metric i guess
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Grams homie.
'J'adore ah les femmes', yeah I love my riches, 'bonjour' money and 'au revoir' bitches
you left out the mighty pound, oh yeah
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
Grams, ounces, pounds.

Terminology refers to fraction of an ounce (28 grams). For instance, an eigth is 3.5 grams.
yes, 1/4 7grams, so on and so forth. Here in canada its 20 for an 8th, 40 for a 1/4. 140-160 an ounce, 2000 a lb (quality wise)
it goes like this ya see:
the easiest way to remember things is to use the slang and figure things out accordingly. this is canadian
nickelbag or a 5 chunk is 5 bucks, 1/2 a gram
dimebag is 10
a dimebag should be a gram
a gram should be $10

half an ounce should be around $80.
obviously a full ounce would be double
so around $160 would get you an ounce

but if you have good hook-ups......

there are exceptions. example:
i have received almost 5.5 more grams for $90, just for buying.
and i have received B.C.bud- for almost same deal. but it twas smaller amount
There are lots of terms out there and they obviously vary by location. Here are some common terms, here at least.

Bowl = One bowls worth. Mostly used when hitting your buddy up for a bowl to smoke later.
Ten sack = $10
Twenty sack = $20
Dimebag = $10
Dub = $10 / Usually less than 1 gram
8th = 1/8oz / 3.5 grams
Quarter/quad = 1/4oz / 7 grams
Half = 1/2oz / 14 grams
O = 1oz / 28 grams
QP = 1/4 pound / three ounces / 84 grams
Zip = 1 pound

Now as far as prices and how much you get jipped will vary by location. Here are the prices up here.

Dub - $10
8th - $50 ($40 if you know the grower)
Quad - $100 ($80 if you know the grower)
O - $300-350 for homegrown (Canadian commercial can sometimes be had for $250-300, but its usually shit)
More or less than that varies by how well your connections are.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

****, the retarded thing is that i dont even weigh, i jsut look and see. ive had enough expirence jsut to look and feel and i know. plus you dont get ripped off if you keep a dealer and keep buying.
Quote by JaredF
****, the retarded thing is that i dont even weigh, i jsut look and see. ive had enough expirence jsut to look and feel and i know. plus you dont get ripped off if you keep a dealer and keep buying.

Say he shorts ya a half a gram in an 8th here and there. Over time, you'll get used to light bags. You won't even know the difference. Not to mention that eyeing things up isn't very accurate. Any decent dealer won't have a problem with you weighing it. Now if you get your shit from a homeboy who has always done you right, thats another matter. Most people will try to screw you over. I know that for a fact.

I keep my scales on me at all time.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Now if you get your shit from a homeboy who has always done you right, thats another matter.

thats exactly my situation. so i never need to worry about weighing cause i compare all the time, and people get ripped off badly in my town and i really have no problem from my people.
Quote by JaredF
so around $160 would get you an ounce

yeah, if you smoke like, mids and regs.

never go with quanity over quality. i'd rather have a 45 sack of like, sour diesel or blueberry that a 75 sack of not-so-potent bud.

since i usually get higher quality stuff, one ounce=$210
Quote by cky95
sorry for another drug thread but can someone please explain to me the measurements used for pot. i hear people tallk about a ten, and an eighth etc and dont know what this is in real terms/related to cost. just curious really! cheers

It's measured in grams. £10 is about 1.8 grams. An eighth is 3.5 grams and £20.
Dang, yall have cheap ass bud. I'd like to compare to our homegrown up here. So far I've found that we get some of the best weed up here in Alaska compared to most of the lower 48, although there are some places in the lower 48 where you can get some serious bomb-bomb. Anyone wanna match?
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by AK Guitarist
Dang, yall have cheap ass bud. I'd like to compare to our homegrown up here. So far I've found that we get some of the best weed up here in Alaska compared to most of the lower 48, although there are some places in the lower 48 where you can get some serious bomb-bomb. Anyone wanna match?

I got an ounce yesterday. Cost me £130. Dealer reckons its called "The Doctor", and got 22% THC content. Whatever it is, its strong stuff. I've been sellin bits, and I'm getting good comments back.