Does anyone know the effects that Jet uses in songs like Cold Hard Bitch, Are You Gonna Be My Girl, and Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is? I just love that type of distortion. I'm trying to figure out what to get when I return my BD-2 for it's lack of of good crunch/lead type distortion.
Logos and websites for low prices - pm me

Quote by SideshowRaven24
wow dude way to think innovative. nice plan.
Quote by icon_player_5
that would be awesome if you saw it all the way through, good imagination

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2
A better question is 'Does anyone know what amps Jet use in songs....' A distortion pedal is not a magical box that can imitate an amps distortion, and there is no cheap alternative to buying a new amp.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
yes, but most musicians use distortion pedals. I don't want this to turn into some "pedals or no pedals" argument. But if you want, suggest a better amp for the price of the Pro Junior. I'd be glad to hear of one. Although, I'd also like suggestions on a pedal. The BD-2 seems to be just too muddy for me, and not the best tone-wise (again, suggest an amp if that's your heart's desire.

Quote by SideshowRaven24
Quote by icon_player_5

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2
Look at my sig

But it's not that I don't get crunch, it's just I'm looking for a more distortion-based, less overdrive-based type of crunch.

Quote by SideshowRaven24
Quote by icon_player_5

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2
I know that nick cester uses a marshall cabs and a Hi-watt head. He also uses a bunch of distortion pedals, such as: tube screamer, BOSS distortion plus(for FUZZ), an old Japanese BOSS OD-2, stuff like that. Cameron uses marshall cabs and a plexi head i think. Dont think he uses many pedals. Hope this helps.
I wish I could afford all those But it does till help thanks man.

Quote by SideshowRaven24
Quote by icon_player_5

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2
Jet use Plexis.

Sureley you can get a useable sound similar to that out of your Blues Driver? I can with mine.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i think a lot of there sound comes from the way they play the songs with open chords. I dont think they use a real lot of distortion at all. i bet there guitars sound suprisingly clean if you were playing single notes on them and not getting into the strings hard. they sound a lot like AC/DC to me.