ok, im stripping a junk guitar for componets such as pots, tuning pegs, frets, nut, bridge, etc. for my Randy Rhoads guitar project and im having a bit of trouble. how do you remove the frets?
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
i believe you heat them up and pound them out from the side, but don't quote me.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
hmm i believe he is right, id use a very small nail punch or something like that.
TotalyHAB
i belive u heat them up and pull them out so you dont **** up your guitar by doing that is sugested above
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
you'll need a fret puller. one can be bought as samask.com (i think?)
you heat the fret, then pull it out with the fret puller
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
You heat up the frets with a soldering iron and gently rock out the frets with a fret puller or similar. I wouldn't count on the frets being useable after you pull them out, frets are pretty cheap anyway.
don't use junk frets. buy new fretwire. when you fret the guitar, the fret heights are not uniform, so you have to level them. if you use frets that are leveled for one specific heights, the frets will end up, like, 0.1mm high. unless that's your thing, get new fretwire. and if it is your thing, buy small fretwire to start.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.