could someone please connect these wires to where they should be in the picture. i keep getting worried that ill have everything done on my guitar that im making
and then not be able to wire it. so, could someone with more experience than me show me where to connect the wires in that diagram help would be greatly appreciated. all it is is a humbucker connected to a volume pot then to the jack i know its probly really simple but im having trouble with it cause im new to making guitars. thank you in advance.
what brand of pickups are you using? Go to their website and they should have a wiring diagram. In the graphic you provided you only mentioned 3 wires, in a humbucker there should be 4. 2 of the wires will be soldered together and the other two are the hot and ground. Sadly there is no universal color code for wires, so your best bet is to go find a wiring diagram. Also you might want to make your control cavity a little bit larger just so you have a bit more room to work with. Pots tend to take up a lot of room.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
http://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/I-GOLDEN-AGE.html

This should tell you all you need to know. The bare wire is the ground, red the hot (or input) and the white is the output.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
I don't believe your diagram is correct. It should be like this

The white wire is taped off. The wire which is pink in yours, blue in mine, is just regular wire, or you could just bend the tab up to the casing and solder it on there. Also you should have a wire running from the casing of the potentiometer (volume knob) to the bridge.
MG Free At Last
Quote by ljplum12
I don't believe your diagram is correct. It should be like this

The white wire is taped off. The wire which is pink in yours, blue in mine, is just regular wire, or you could just bend the tab up to the casing and solder it on there. Also you should have a wire running from the casing of the potentiometer (volume knob) to the bridge.

Yep, this is right.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by ljplum12
Someday people will trust me, too.

Skrait up, boyee. You totally saved my ass with that series/paralell diagram.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club