Hi everyone, i just purchased a mid 90's mesa boogie triple rectifier from the states. I
live in australia and was wondering what i needed to do to be able to get it working in australia? does it just need a plug converter or is it more complex? If anyone knows i would greatly appraeciate the help.
Last edited by trippa at Jan 14, 2007,
What voltage are you guys running down there? We work on 120 so if it's something different you'll need both a voltage converter and a plug adapter.
yeah and make sure you get a good one, from what i uderstanf those things arent always made to handle the kind of power youll be drawing with that amp.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Just thought of something- that amp may have a switch in the back for 240 volts. Could you email the seller and ask if it has an input voltage switch? If it does, and has a 240 option, all you'll need is a plug converter.
I'm not sure about this but an external transformer may add noise. And good ones are expensive and bulky. We've got a few lying around the house for american electronics stuff we have, I wouldn't want to use them with guitar amps.

I'm sure a good tech could replace the transformer in the amp, but that may also be expensive.

Whatever you do, don't just replace the plug, that won't be good.

EDIT:

Quote by Roc8995
Just thought of something- that amp may have a switch in the back for 240 volts. Could you email the seller and ask if it has an input voltage switch? If it does, and has a 240 option, all you'll need is a plug converter.

If it does then that will save you a load of money. I know my bass amp does. Just make sure it also has the right fuse in, on my bass amp you have to switch the fuse if you're switching the voltage.

I think MESA's all have a removable power cable, so you should be able to pick up an aussie power cable instead of using the american one with an adapter.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Last edited by TGM at Jan 14, 2007,