so im thinking about getting a rat.

but right now im out of a job and all that stuff, and i was wondering, what could i use for a cage so i dont have to spend $150??

i was thinking a box or something...

also, what can u use for its beding and food?

thanks for the help
itll bite out of a box buy a metal cage and i dont know about anything else. feed it small purple gnomes from your garden
Quote by MDoggDX316
I would pick God. I bet he is a closet shredder who just pretends to like blues.

Quote by jesusgonewrong
Guys, guys this is the bass forum, we don't need to be abusive. Leave that for the pit.

Shaved Member of the Bass MIlitia. PM Indiemetalhead to join
a rat can chew through a box, chief.

i guess you could use newspaper as bedding, captain.

if you can't afford to take care of it. you're not ready, compadre.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Just let it roam free in your house. And let it sleep with you! They're so cute and cuddly. As for food, just feed it your younger siblings.

Problems solved.

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
:]
Quote by AngelGC
a rat can chew through a box, chief.

i guess you could use newspaper as bedding, captain.

if you can't afford to take care of it. you're not ready, compadre.

thanks for the help gaylord
Hey, I have a rat. Names Chadwick. I just use an aquarium. 20 gallon long. Pics if you need. Rats are great pets man.
fine wood shavings for bedding (change often haha) and they have pellets and stuff that you can get for food.

i had one like 6 years ago, it was actually kinda fun to watch
hug your local pug dealer!
Feed it biscuits. Use newspaper as bedding, and have it live in a cage. Sounds harsh doesn't it?
Quote by isuckplzhlp
Hey, I have a rat. Names Chadwick. I just use an aquarium. 20 gallon long. Pics if you need. Rats are great pets man.

pics would be cool
I use newspaper for bedding. But you will need to wipe the tail about every month or so becuause the ink gets into. ITs not a big deal, just doesnt look great.
Quote by tank69

but you know what.. hes right, your trying to cheap out on stuff. thats where problems occur. wait until you have the money to take care of it properly.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
I use newspaper for bedding. But you will need to wipe the tail about every month or so becuause the ink gets into. ITs not a big deal, just doesnt look great.

Cage= 20-100
water bottle= 5-20
food bowl= 2- 10
food= 7 a pound usually or so.

Rats are extremely inexpensive.

Feel free to ask me questions if you need.
Last edited by isuckplzhlp at Jan 14, 2007,
Quote by tank69

no problem man.

i could just as easily come back with something witty and offensive. but i wont.

good luck with the rat.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
you could buy a birdcage and keep it there
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
a wise man once said,

fighting on the internet is like the special olympics..

no matter who wins, your still retarded
cages arent that expensive i don't think. i had one and it died like 6 months ago and it was pretty cheap to keep up with. it lived like 3 and a half years too, which was cool. and plus it was only like $5 so i had extra money for a cage. newspaper works for bedding but woodchips aren't that expensive. and you can cut a shoebox in half to work as a house
Yea shoeboxes are excellent. Cages also depend on what type of rat you want. They very in hair length, and size. Just make sure it isnt to small for it. Most should be just fine
alright thanks for that help.

but now i have to convince my mom to let me get a rat, shes getting old and senial and i guess when i told her i was getting one soon, that she didnt hear me...so any advice on that?
Sneak it in, if she's old and senile she wouldn't notice it's living there unless she ventures into your room a bit.

But, then again, you should ask her again, cause if you did take my advice above, she could throw it out because when she finds it she'll only see it as a pest and not a pet.
yo.

I BELIEVE