ok this is a great video but around 1:50 he does a pick slide which sounds great. I probably sound like a complete noob but how do you do them. whenever i try it sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B9Ty7d33uk
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
kay well

you take your pick, put it 90 degrees to the E a d strings; press, and slide
Quote by R0CKER1220
Holy crap, I live near where they performed that!

How are you doing your pick slides? Is the pick at a 90 degree angle to the strings or angled? and lastly, are any of your nails or fingers dampening the sound?

yeah its a great performance. umm angled.

Quote by Nvrxcominxhome
uh i dont think its that hard to pickslide

niethe did I.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
Try pressing the pick against the string harder or softer, and try going up and down the neck. It also works much better on a wound string (although I hope you knew that already ). Also might want to try different pickups.

I've never seen a video of a live Pearl Jam performance. Do they do that hopping thing all the time? It's an interesting change from the headbanging and hair tossing that I'm used to
angle the pick with the point contacting the strings closest to your left hand, so sort of angle it back / <that way if youre right handed. Then on the thick E string push forward, itll give it some balls, keep practicing,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
I put it at 90 degrees or close to this string> ____/ <pick. I use the low E string, and go kinda slow. The main thing I learned is that you have to start the slide about on top of the pick-up you're using. I use my bridge pickup a lot so I start on top of that pickup and slide it (kinda slowly) towards the neck pickup.