Recently, i was on holiday, playing guitar at the beach. The guitar was only a nylon string classical guitar, and it was quite a windy day. I let go of the strings, and turned the guitar horizontal, and wow what a weird noise did it make.

This is apparently called an "Aeolian Harp", where the wind causes the strings to vibrate, in a harmonic fashion. I also heard this even happens to powerlines sometimes! Anyway i thought thats a cool sound i could maybe through into a few originals.

Anybody else out there got any ideas for making new musical noises out of a guitar they wana share?
my dog pissed on my squier, and the pick-ups sounded more like pop music, so i guess you could say pop music sounds like a dog pissed on it
umm well you know how to do the type of harmonic where you hold ur pic really close to your thumb and strike the string twice with one stroke? that technique.. well if you do that and play chords it'll give it a higher pitched sound. or almost a screech. and if your lookin for really cool techniques go email buckethead or somethin
a guitarist best friends to making weird sounds on a guitar are a whammy bar, and an allen key
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
getting a butter knife, and sliding it all the way up the bridge and shit like that, sounds so cool
member of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero join. Australians only

Feel the Rhythm...
Mine is more of a work with effects. First Wah pedeal, chorus, and delay. Add this up with a slide and pick scraping, and massive controllable feedback. Can get pretty psychodelic.
You could tame wild rodents and force them to yelp out different pitches when you strike them...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
well i walk out onto the streets and tell people to pick strings while i play the most beautiful melodies theyve ever heard

nothin that special there

cept mabes how cocky i sound haha jokes i dun got none really cept workin with the wah and whammy bar and slide at once
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

i like to tune the 6th and 5th strings the same and strum them on the same fret (both on 5th fret for ex.) kinda gives it a synth effect
Member #11 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!

brainwashing
Quote by snailfingers
i like to tune the 6th and 5th strings the same and strum them on the same fret (both on 5th fret for ex.) kinda gives it a synth effect

ofc you could play the fifth fret one one and play the next string open. but meh thats for lazy people
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by jimi_vai
getting a butter knife, and sliding it all the way up the bridge and shit like that, sounds so cool

Or get a slide.
Quote by Erich yeung

hahahaha honours +100000 ^^

wonderful =P really laughed out loud. sooo awesome.
actually believed the first player lol. if was kindof credible really
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Get the end of a whammy bar wiere the threads are and use it as a pick while playing fast. Its funky.
Quote by bornfidelity
ofc you could play the fifth fret one one and play the next string open. but meh thats for lazy people

Which gives you a total of 5 notes you can play. How interesting.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
i like to pinch harmonic chords. they sound kinda cool. sometimes i like to solo with my left hand while my right hand turns the tone knob from 0 - 5ish. gives a cool sound. almost wah like but not quite.
Try plugging your wah pedal in backwards, with the guitar through the output and the input leading to the amp. You won't be able to play notes, but you can manipulate the pedal, as well as the tone and volume pots on your guitar to make some crazy sounds, almost like a laughing siren.
-Fender American Series Stratocaster
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp

Rock, Jazz, Blues, and Funk
Anyone who says the herman li thing is cool sucks cos it's a few things that he picked up from other guitarists and he's saying he made them, i think the only one he 'made' was the one at the end which sucks.

Anyway:
Any natural harmonic and some whammy bar movement, can sound really cool, like the 5th fret harmonic in the attitude song by vai.
Hammering on and pulling off 5 and 3 while running your finger up the string is cool too.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Anyone who says the herman li thing is cool sucks cos it's a few things that he picked up from other guitarists and he's saying he made them, i think the only one he 'made' was the one at the end which sucks.

Anyway:
Any natural harmonic and some whammy bar movement, can sound really cool, like the 5th fret harmonic in the attitude song by vai.
Hammering on and pulling off 5 and 3 while running your finger up the string is cool too.

yeah true, divebombs are pretty standard, he can do the coolest sounding one out of anyone though, ive heard the motorbike on bat out of hell but what about the elephant noise? who did he steal that from?
Quote by Punk_Ninja

Of course, you have to take into account that he never said he made them at all...

I like pinch harmonic sweeping on the higher strings and frets myself. Used right, it has a harp-like quality, love it.