hey i got a new line 6 and it comes with the 4 settings clean, crunch, metal and insane. i also have a digitech RP80 effects pedal and when i tryed to play it through the amp both effects overlaped and sounded like shit. i wanna use my effects on my pedal and i dont no how to turn off the effects on my amp, does anyone no how i can fix this?
are you sure, or was it just the amp. . .my drummer has one, they are horrible, the II's are 3 times better
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
did it ever come to ur mind on turning off the rp80 distortion when using the crunch/insane/metal?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I have that amp and all i do is turn the effects knob ON the guitar all the way off and that helps
ferret.
Quote by mikr_guitar
I have that amp and all i do is turn the effects knob ON the guitar all the way off and that helps

You have an effects knob on your guitar?
Yeah, distortion on distortion sucks ass. I had that setup until last week, and if you try to use both at the same time it sucks, so what I did was I had a good distortion setting on my pedal, and had the amp on clean and didnt worry about the other channels too much. That way, you have a good sound, and you can switch from clean to distortion easily. To turn the effects on the amp off, just turn the second and third last knobs all the way down. that kills the effects. Then push and hold the button of whatever channel you are on until it blinks. that saves it as a preset, and you wont have the built in effects that the factory puts in as presets. You can also use this to save your tone (if you want to call it tone)