cliffs of dover - EJ
trademark - EJ

i'm alright - Neil Zaza

For the Love of God - SV
Whispering a Prayer - SV

Jerry C's Cover of Canon Rock

Any more suggestions?
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

Guitar
Expert
Give her Pat Metheny & Brad Mehldau's new CD, Metheny Mehldau. It's just Metheny on guitar and Mehldau on piano, all solo work. There's one or two tracks with Mehldau's band. 'Ring Of Fire' features the band, and is my favorite track on the whole album. Pat Metheny rips on guitar, and Mehldau equally comes back on piano.

Or give her some Wes Montgomery stuff.

If she's into solo piano, give her Rob Costlow's Woods of Chaos.

I don't know, that's just some solo/instrumental stuff i've been listening to lately.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Lotus Feet, Tender Surrender, Die To Live, Crying Machine, K'm Pee Du Wee, Blue Powder, Brandos Costumes, - Steve Vai

Love Thing, Made Of Tears, Flying In A Blue Dream, Rubina, Always With Me Always With You, Starry Night, Crying, A Love Eternal - Satriani

Europa, Samba pa Ti - Santana

Lost Without You, Wishful Thinking - Petrucci
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Manhattan by Eric Johnson is qutie orgasmic if i do say so myself
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

The whole of John Petrucci's Suspended Animation album. Too hard to choose 1 song.
Quest for "the tone": pending.
starry night or always with me, always with you, by satriani.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Teabag of Truth
Anything by Pelican or Explosions in the Sky.

Although I totally support the choice of these bands, and I in fact second them both, I think he meant more extremely guitar-solo-y and guitar based music.

Although if you are not, and I am completely wrong, Explosions In The Sky, Six Parts Seven, and Pelican are all great. Though more mellow than happy, these bands are beautiful.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
Manhattan by Eric Johnson is qutie orgasmic if i do say so myself

couldn't agree more. im still trying to get the fast parts of the solos up to speed but got the rest down. still, a great song as are most EJ works.

An Evening with John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess would be perfect for her. I gave the cd to my aunt for a gift and she loves it. It def a lot lighter than their DT or LTE stuff hehe. Still, it sounds great and you can tell they are amazing musicians.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by Shine On...
Although I totally support the choice of these bands, and I in fact second them both, I think he meant more extremely guitar-solo-y and guitar based music.

Although if you are not, and I am completely wrong, Explosions In The Sky, Six Parts Seven, and Pelican are all great. Though more mellow than happy, these bands are beautiful.

yes i was referring to more instrumental guitar stuff.
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

Guitar
Expert
Quote by Daggorath
The whole of John Petrucci's Suspended Animation album. Too hard to choose 1 song.

AMEN!!
haha i cant agree with you more...Glasgow kiss is a BEUtiful song especialy wen he played it live in tokyo and wishful thinking and lost without you are both wonderful peaces of music
Wow, so many perfect ones were mentioned already.

Satriani: You Saved My Life, Just Look Up, Ten Words, If I Could Fly, Day at the Beach, Thinking of You, Until We Say Goodbye, Baroque, Saying Goodbye, Sleep Walk, Into the Light

And yeah, second Tender Surrender by Vai and Manhattan (esp. live at G3!) by Johnson. And like anything else mentioned here.
Last edited by wasp2020 at Jan 15, 2007,
Highland WEdding Steve Morse ftw
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
Sahib Teri Bandi/Maki Madni by Derek Trucks Band

It is one of the best instrumentals I've ever heard, unlike steve vai or joe satch whos instrumentals can turn into shred fests, this song stays pretty slow, for a guitar, but with an upbeat sound to it. It's great
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Happy instrumental?

Frank Zappa- hot rats album. other than one song (willie the pimp) its all instrumental and sounds happy.

other albums

Nest- woodsmoke
pelican- The Fire in our throats will beckon the thaw
god is an astronaut- all is violent, all is bright
Pat Metheny- watercolors
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Little Martha - The Allman Brothers

'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
i wont see you tonight part 1, its got singing in it but its got mad slow solos and piano
Quiet you ^^

I just made a CD for my Mum which was just instrumentals

I'll tell you what I put on it

I'm Alright - Neil Zaza
Manhattan - Eric Johnson
Starry Night - Joe Satriani
For The Love Of God - Steve Vai
Glasgow Kiss - John Petrucci
Tender Surrender - Steve Vai
Cliffs Of Dover - Eric Johnson
I would Love to - Steve Vai
Endless Rain - Jason Becker
Classical Gas - Eric Clapton
Variation 7 - Andrew Lloyd Webber
Theme (Paganini Caprice #2) - Andrew Lloyd Webber
Forbidden City - Marty Freidman
Tribute To Randy - Michael Angelo Batio
Beautiful Solo Guitar - Eric Johnson ( It's a song I downloaded which was named incorrectly m guessing. If anyone knows the name to it I would appreciate it. It is just EJ playing a nylon stringed guitar on his own

Hope that helps

-AS-
Ibanez RG2570e Prestige
Fender® American Series Strat
Marshall AVT-50
BOSS GT8
Crafter T-035
Squire Strat
Admira Malaga Classical Guitar
Gould GS200CB
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dimebag Crybaby

Proud member of the Scots of UG Society..
what about little wing? ok its got singing but its pretty damn beautiful if you ask me
If you like blues: Stevie Ray Vaughan's tribute to Little Wing
Lenny-Stevie Ray Vaughn
Frank-Steve Vai
Little Wing-Stevie Ray Vaughn
Dee-Randy Rhoads
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
Quote by Aly_Sim
Quiet you ^^

I just made a CD for my Mum which was just instrumentals

I'll tell you what I put on it

I'm Alright - Neil Zaza
Manhattan - Eric Johnson
Starry Night - Joe Satriani
For The Love Of God - Steve Vai
Glasgow Kiss - John Petrucci
Tender Surrender - Steve Vai
Cliffs Of Dover - Eric Johnson
I would Love to - Steve Vai
Endless Rain - Jason Becker
Classical Gas - Eric Clapton
Variation 7 - Andrew Lloyd Webber
Theme (Paganini Caprice #2) - Andrew Lloyd Webber
Forbidden City - Marty Freidman
Tribute To Randy - Michael Angelo Batio
Beautiful Solo Guitar - Eric Johnson ( It's a song I downloaded which was named incorrectly m guessing. If anyone knows the name to it I would appreciate it. It is just EJ playing a nylon stringed guitar on his own

Hope that helps

-AS-

this was definitely helpful, i'll get those. and i've seen that beautiful ej solo on limewire. i decided to put some lighter vocal music, too since she's not a huge instrumental fan. i've decided on three foo fighters songs: DOA, Learn to Fly, and Times Like These. also Wonderful by STP. with this list i might go back to instrumentals
Quote by cheames

Guitar
Expert
For some Jazzy stuff, check out John Scofield, Pat Metheny, and John Mclaughlin.

For rock, try...

Joe Satriani - The Forgotten
Steve Vai - For The Love of God
Paul Gilbert - Curse of Castle Dragon
Black Mountain Side
White Summer
Bron Yr Aur
All by Jimmy Page
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
manhattan-EJ wow is that smooth

maybe some michael mcdonald and the doobies
some lamb of god
grindgore
grindcore stuff like that
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
...Grindcore?

Alright...light vocal music....Under Control, I'll Try Anything Once, Ask Me Anything, Clear Skies, Red Light, Evening Sun, You Only Live Once by The Strokes...
In Transit, Blue Skies by Albert Hammond Jr
Soft, Joe's Head, Taper Jean Girl, The Bucket, California Waiting, by Kings of Leon...
D'yer Maker by Led Zeppelin...
Mine's Not a High Horse by The Shins

Touch Me by The Doors?
Heoine by Velvet Underground? XD

(just sorta having fun now)
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing
Paul McCartney - Singalong Junk
Allman Brothers - Jessica
Stone Temple Pilots - Daisy
Led Zeppelin - Bron Yr Aur
alright this is what i got now. totals 77 minutes. thanks for all the help guys.

Cliffs of Dover
Trademark
Manhattan
I'm Alright
Canon Rock
Europa
Until We Say Goodbye
Starry Night
Super Colossal
Glasgow Kiss
Little Wing (SRV)
Whispering a Prayer
Tender Surrender
For the Love of God
Quote by cheames

Guitar
Expert
Page 1 of 2