i bought a fender blues deville 4x10 used sometime aorund the start of the year n on the distortion channel there is no bass and it is really trebley even though the bass is full n the treble is on nothing. im running a gibson LP deluxe n a visual sound route 66 OD through it. if ne one knows ne mods or tips to get rid of the treble because it gets so bad u cant have the volume over 2
there's a site that i can't remember what is' called but it's hot rod specific mods. google it i'm sure you'll find it. it teaches you about powertube saturation. i have the smaller deluxe. the volume is MUCH more bearable.
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

Guitar
Expert
^that site is for the hot rod deluxe and has disclaimers on every page to not use information on deville or blus junior.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Quote by guitarfan93
^that site is for the hot rod deluxe and has disclaimers on every page to not use information on deville or blus junior.

that's definitely the site but i thought it was for hot rod. ah well, i'm sure you'll find something.
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

Guitar
Expert
yea i uno i think im just gonna get a eq pedal or soemthin n have it through the effects loop i called fender n they said that it's supsoed to be a little bit trebley but its just too much to handle, if the volume's over 2 it hurts ur ears
here's a thought, did you try turning the treble down?
Quote by cheames

Guitar
Expert
It's a Fender amp, don't like trebly amps? Sell it.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
use the neck pickup/ tone control.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
*bla bla* tone control.

It cannot possibly be trebley if you use your tone controls.
Quote by jamrockradio
here's a thought, did you try turning the treble down?

hey jamrock , heres a thought. dont u think that'd be the first thing id try?
Last edited by kiefer at Jan 16, 2007,
yea i uno i keep the treble on 0 and bass on full and yet its trebley, i dont wanna sell it but i like the rank crunch from the amp mixed with a good pedal sounds dope.
Quote by kiefer
yea i uno i keep the treble on 0 and bass on full and yet its trebley, i dont wanna sell it but i like the rank crunch from the amp mixed with a good pedal sounds dope.

TONE KNOBS
Quote by mr_hankey
TONE KNOBS

tone knobs, neck pickup makes no difference but the clean works perfect and heres a thought when i got the amp on the OD channel there was NO GAIN until i kept on playing it n it came back eventually but with treble
Quote by guitarfan93

For tonal changes, basic cap modifications can be done on any tube amp...just because there are disclaimers telling you not to do something doesn't mean it can't be done. The DeVille and Deluxe are very similar amps and the majority of the modifications can be performed on both.