I'm pretty solid when it comes to rhythm, but when it comes to fast solos, I just can't seem to improve. I've been trying to perfect the third solo from "Sanitarium" for WEEKS. It's weird, some days I'll be able to play the fast pull-off parts just fine, other days it just won't come. It's driving me insane. Any suggestions?
Your body has parts your country can spare! By the way son, here's your wheelchair!
Get out yer metronome, play it at about 1/4 the actual speed. Yes, THAT slow.. no.. dont get bored, don't wuss out etc.

Move it up and play it again until you cant play it absolutely perfectly, practice it at the first speed you cant play it perfectly, end practicing the song for the day, play some other stuff, rest your fingers, come back tomorrow, try again at the speed you couldn't do perfectly the day before and keep moving up till you're at top speed.
I suggest warm ups, if you haven't already tried them. Something like a solid riff that tops your skill level, if you know what I mean. This is to just get your fingers "warmed up"....
practice it over and over again at slower speeds as accurate as you can and make sure you have the most efficient picking method and fingering down for the song/solo.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Archeo
^^

+1

apart from that it'll make your fingers more loose...
and make sure that your hands are relaxed while practicing it...

I already do plenty of warmups, but I think you might be on to something with the tense hands idea. I'll try to relax more.
Your body has parts your country can spare! By the way son, here's your wheelchair!
Quote by JS30RR
I already do plenty of warmups, but I think you might be on to something with the tense hands idea. I'll try to relax more.

Maybe put your hands in warm water to loosen them up?
-Jimi Hendrix
Yea i agree i like to play the E major scale insainly fast before i start jammin. lol
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
Quote by mw7
Maybe put your hands in warm water to loosen them up?

I just tried that out and it helped a lot! Thank you!
Quote by JS30RR
I just tried that out and it helped a lot! Thank you!

no problem. yay i helped
-Jimi Hendrix