i saw a link on here w hile back and it was comparing a dual rec with a b52 with identical songs. can anyone send me this link? thanks i tried searching but i cant find it
actually, a guy at guitar center told me that mesa designed the b-52, so we tried it out. i have a mesa triple rectifier half stack, and i love it to death. i played a b-52 100 watt all-tube head through marshall 1960a and b cabs. it wasnt bad, for the price. if you can afford it, go with mesa, or used mesa, like i did, but if not, b-52 isnt a bad choice at all. hope that helped.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
I'm not sure the whole "Mesa designed the B-52" story is true. However the B-52 is voiced similarly to a recto. Good tubes turn a decent amp into a very good one. Totally a viable option. I've considered selling my JCM900 and picking one up.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
It wasnt me that was looking at one, it was a friend but i was just owondering if anyone had that link
Quote by Mudder
I'm not sure the whole "Mesa designed the B-52" story is true. However the B-52 is voiced similarly to a recto. Good tubes turn a decent amp into a very good one. Totally a viable option. I've considered selling my JCM900 and picking one up.

good call..
IMO the b52 I played.. while not amazing, was better than the JCM900 I played...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
they both make great amps (b52 tabe amps i mean), only b52's are way cheaper.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
is it weird that i liked the b-52 more in almost every single clip?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
is it weird that i liked the b-52 more in almost every single clip?

Me too, seems like the Mesa sounded too dark or something?

But I've never played or heard one in person
I've played some B-52s...and I've played some Mesas...but the B-52 I played on sounded horrible, though it might've just been the store, because it seems everything I play in Sam Ash sounds horrible...
Ibanez...and Tama drums...are the coolest.