Between the Agile TC-1000WAD and the Fender Standard Tele, which is better? I'm thinking the Agile but i'm not sure. I'm looking for a guitar to play kind of shimmering chords and such. Stuff like Death Cab for Cutie and Modest Mouse. thanks.
Jackson DK2M White
Mesa Dual Rec(2 channel)
Carvin V212
Last edited by TheChallenged at Jan 14, 2007,
I say try out the agile, its got way better specs and if you dont like it, you can return it and get all your money back(which isnt even that much)
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
There more well know for their LP clones. I would advise you to try out a Fender and if you still wanted to try the Agile order it. Then you have played them both. If you like the Fender, send the Agile back to RRRRondo.
The Fender is lightyears better.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Youll always be able to resell a fender for a good price if you want to move onto another guitar in the future.
You should also take a look at the Tele style guitars from Xaviere. Guitar Fetish carries them. Everyone I've talked to that has a Xaviere guitar raves about how nice it is for the money. Something like $350 new, but you can find their demo models for under $250.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Listen to Chris (AlGeeEater). He knows about Agile.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by SublimeGuitar
Listen to Chris (AlGeeEater). He knows about Agile.

quit sucking up - he hates Agile but it's his problem - I own one and love mine and a lot of other Agile owners will tell you the same thing - he's been a friggin' Luthier for less than 2 years - HARDLY an expert...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
quit sucking up - he hates Agile but it's his problem - I own one and love mine and a lot of other Agile owners will tell you the same thing - he's been a friggin' Luthier for less than 2 years - HARDLY an expert...

Less than two years? I think you're hardly an expert here... I've been building and repairing guitars for a lot more than 2 years.

I don't get why you keep trying to pick a fight with me? You obviously don't know jack about what you're talking about, so why do you insist on trying to prove you know more than me? I *always* prove you wrong, everytime. Don't you get the hint sooner or later? Or is your skull to thick to understand this? I honestly don't get it, would you care to explain?

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
My guess is that Fender is better. But I am sure that the resale value will be better with Fender.
Ok I'm going to go with the Fender. Is there anything that will need upgrading to make it like a really good guitar?
Jackson DK2M White
Mesa Dual Rec(2 channel)
Carvin V212
Swap out the pickups and tuners and you'll have a damn fine guitar. If you don't use the trem, then just block it off or get it set up properly. You'll have an awesome sounding guitar that stays in tune.

Chris
Quote by AlGeeEater
Swap out the pickups and tuners and you'll have a damn fine guitar. If you don't use the trem, then just block it off or get it set up properly. You'll have an awesome sounding guitar that stays in tune.

Chris

hes getting a tele(no trem)...
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Ooops, I read Strat instead of Tele.
lol
Quote by King ofKumbucha
I've heard great things about this guitar from people who've tried it side by side with the Fender lite ash model, and most of them think the agile is better. The pickups in the agile are supposed to great as well. Also if the quality is as good as my agile strat it should be a fantastic guitar... my strat kicks the crap out of any MIM's I've tried BTW.... and the beauty is... my guitar doesn't go out of tune when using the trem like many of the MIM's I've come across.

But that's just what I've heard... take with a grain of salt... even the opinions of the experienced luthiers... just because they like it doesn't mean you're going to like it.

Just a question Algee, don't want to pick a fight... just curious:

Have you tried this particular model? Or are you just basing your opinion on your Agile experiences?And it still confuses me why you feel you don't have to explain your self... saying something like "The Fender is lightyears better" is so friggin' vague. Explain yourself man... everyone else does (atleast should... I try to do it when I can) so why don't you? In every agile thread I've seen you post in, your answers are always 1 brief sentence saying they suck in a few words.

EDIT: this might be a helpfull link

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1505391
Hai UG!
Last edited by L_Z_Nut at Jan 16, 2007,
Quote by AlGeeEater
Less than two years? I think you're hardly an expert here... I've been building and repairing guitars for a lot more than 2 years.

I don't get why you keep trying to pick a fight with me? You obviously don't know jack about what you're talking about, so why do you insist on trying to prove you know more than me? I *always* prove you wrong, everytime. Don't you get the hint sooner or later? Or is your skull to thick to understand this? I honestly don't get it, would you care to explain?

Chris

Chris PULEEEEZE... if you insist on fighting we'll take yer dremel away. I told you some time ago - where I'm from you're an apprentice son (with a big head to boot). I've played guitar for 40 years - owned more than I can remember... in the old days I lived for tweakin' the electronics... now I'm tired and old but yer still wet behind the ears lad...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Agiles are great for the price. I'm considering the maple cap AL-3000 with a pup swap as my next guitar.

I'd rather spend $600 on that than spend $2,000 for a Gibson.
Wow strangedog, I didn't even know people that old knew how to use the internet. Proved me wrong...

There's a difference between tweaking electronics and building a guitar. I'm not defending Algee, but tweaking electronics (which requires grade 11 knowledge) and building a guitar are two completely different matters. Just because you're older than most people here doesn't mean you should start bashing him. It's just his opinion, and if you're so old you should understand that and answer with some amount of respect. But I guess degrading him does make you look at least 70 years younger
Quote by strangedogs
Chris PULEEEEZE... if you insist on fighting we'll take yer dremel away. I told you some time ago - where I'm from you're an apprentice son (with a big head to boot). I've played guitar for 40 years - owned more than I can remember... in the old days I lived for tweakin' the electronics... now I'm tired and old but yer still wet behind the ears lad...

Whatever you say dude! I still don't see why you felt the need to bring up how long i've been a luthier for, that has nothing at all to do with *anything*. I also don't understand how you get off creating these incorrect numbers off the top of your head, and trying to base something off imagination. You're completely delusion. Are you sure you're not schizophrenic?

Anyways, I go through this in every Agile thread with you. Stop attacking me, stop trying to fight with me. I leave my opinion in the thread, and that's final. You can continue to try and antagonize me but I will not give in to your little childish games.

Chris