Okay guys, as far as I know, both the Ibanez SR506 and the Schecter Stilleto Studio-6 are the same price. I haven't had a chance to play either, only the five-string versions. I loved both. One thing is, I played the Schecter a long time ago and only just played the Ibanez today. I think I may be leaning towards the Ibanez since I've heard good stuff about Barteloni and not so much about EMG Hz's. Just wanted your opinions.
I got my SR506 for christmas. It's very versatile with the active EQ an pickup blend knob. I havn't had any problems with it at all exept that I don't think I can slap and pop as fast as on my 4 strin squier p bass.

With the small string spacing the neck is also smaller which is also nice.

Overall I think this bass is all I'll need as far as basses go.
Bass is my life.
Thanks! I was kinda leaning towards it too.

Oh and I forgot to mention, I'm going to be (trying to) playing death metal(Necrophagist, Cannibal Corpse) and hopefully start learning some jazz so I'll be good enough for jazz band by my junior year.
I have the SR506 too and i love it. The neck is really thin compared to a lot of other bass necks so it'll most likely be easier to play faster stuff (Cannibal Corpse and Necrophagist). The active pickups are a big plus too, you can get a really wide range of tone out of it.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
Well....I've never played the Studio, but I have played the SR. And I have to admit, I've played 5 strings with more cumbersome and uncomfortable necks. The SR was so smooth and so easy to play, it was the first 6 string bass I've ever played and it felt like I was, dare I say, playing a 4.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by metalicarules24
The active pickups are a big plus too, you can get a really wide range of tone out of it.

Active EQ, not active pickups.

I heartily recommend the SR 506. Awesome electronics, amazing neck, great build quality.

As MetalUpTheAss would say, 'PERFECT!'
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Last edited by canadianpunk071 at Jan 15, 2007,
The shecter's probly a bit punchier tho, if thats an issue with you.

But past that i cant badmouth me own bass (err i could but i dont wanna )

playability: SR
versatility: SR (especially with 3 band EQ)
Feel: depends on bassist, for me SR
Sound: same as above

thats how i see it. I cant comment on Quality, and other small categories i missed out on because i wouldnt only know how its like for the ibby, and i dont wanna be completely biased.
Quote by canadianpunk071
Active EQ, not active pickups. :snyper:

I heartily recommend the SR 506. Awesome electronics, amazing neck, great build quality.

As MetalUpTheAss would say, 'PERFECT!'

:p

PERFECT generally regards my plans/schemes though.

SR506 is a very good 6 string bass. I'd like the neck to keep the same shape but be a bit thicker, and different electronics.

But, for the price you pay, it's amazing.
haha
I got my SR506 early December and I love it, small string spacing makes it easier to sweep,tap, and all that technical death metal (necrophagisty) stuff we all love! =) the EQ gives an amazing range of tone. You can pretty much find any tone you want out of this thing. Ibanez all the way!
I didn't even know there was a studio 6. unless i can find anywhere that sells them both for me to make a comparison, i'm betting on the ibanez.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.