well i can clearly see some of my upper abs and tommorow im starting a new ab training thing.its pilates.well my first question is should i do cardio and the pilate abs thing or just the pilates ab thing.

my second qeustion is its been a while since ive wieghed and im up to 120 (JK i needed to gain weight) now and according to wikipedia you need a body fat percent of 10%or less and you cant be underwieght so my second question is should i gain more weight and try this or should i stay the same im 5foot 5inches.

then my third qeustion is wouldnt doing cardio make you lose weight?

well thanks for the help(if there is any).
woah.your short.
-Gear-
Crappy Starter Ashton Guitar
Ashton Ga100212
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
ESP/LTD Viper-50

Quote by cool#9
you my friend, have reached a new level of awsomeness

Quote by sebastian_96

good work The_Shredder

Look at me. Mr.Praises in sig
well idk about the pilates and stuff. im gonna guess your a girl, cuz your small and dont weigh much, but i could be very wrong. and what about wikipedia? you need a body fat percentage of 10% for what? to live?

cardio may help you lose weight, but it increase your overall health. strengthens the heart, better resperatory system, blood travels better. stuff like that.
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
im 12.im the tallest 12 year old in my church.the next tallest is 5foot 3.and i go to a church with 6000 members
cardio helps burn calories.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
your 12? well.. that explains the, mistaken "girl" accusation and the short-a$s'd-ness. yeh.. try googlein some workout thing, we're musicians not personal trainers
-Gear-
Crappy Starter Ashton Guitar
Ashton Ga100212
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
ESP/LTD Viper-50

Quote by cool#9
you my friend, have reached a new level of awsomeness

Quote by sebastian_96

good work The_Shredder

Look at me. Mr.Praises in sig
A 12 year old tryin ta get abs? Sad... What has the world come to? Personally, I blame the Em0 movement.

And to (()()LY, read the ****in description for the pit u ****tard and dont come back till u understand what it is
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by druz15_UG
A 12 year old tryin ta get abs? Sad... What has the world come to? Personally, I blame the Em0 movement.

And to (()()LY, read the ****in description for the pit u ****tard and dont come back till u understand what it is

Amen
Quote by wetwilliamthe3r
well i can clearly see some of my upper abs and tommorow im starting a new ab training thing.its pilates.well my first question is should i do cardio and the pilate abs thing or just the pilates ab thing.

my second qeustion is its been a while since ive wieghed and im up to 120 (JK i needed to gain weight) now and according to wikipedia you need a body fat percent of 10%or less and you cant be underwieght so my second question is should i gain more weight and try this or should i stay the same im 5foot 5inches.

Okay, my suggestion to you: Gain muscle mass.

First question: Do both; cardio helps everything you do, gets you stronger, and in great shape.

Second question: Yes, you do need to be under, or close, to 10% body fat. You should gain weight, if your only 120 pounds, but don't try to gain weight. Just workout, and gain muscle mass.

Third qestion: Probobly. But the right cardio can replace fat with muscle.

EDIT: Damn, you're twelve? You don't need abs. Are you sure those aren't bones you see? If not, you're probobly so skinny that the little muscle mass you have is showing. It's very hard for twelve year olds to have defined abs unless they're already on a planned workout, whereas they wouldn't need to ask on here.
Last edited by yorkshireterror at Jan 14, 2007,
grab yourself a bmx and ride.. that's how you get the abs
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
dude you dont workout when your 12...worry about that shit later. unless your fat. and your not. go play guitar
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
Antilock Braking System???
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Swim.

My schedule for swimming:

Monday 4:15 - 7:00 PM
Tuesday 4:30 - 6:00 AM and 4:15 - 7:00 PM
Wednesday 4:15 - 7:00 PM
Thursday 4:30 - 6:00 AM and 4:15 - 7:00 PM
Friday 4:15 - 7:00 PM
Saturday 8:50 - 10:00 AM

I look beautiful. But my childhood sucks.
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
If you want defined abs...just do cardio to get a low body fat and do crunches and different variations every other day. But if you only weigh 120 i'd say you probably have low body fat...so jsut do crunches and you'll see improvement.

P.S. you don't need a 6 pack when you're 12.
Seriously do training and cardio. You can be the strongest guy in the world, but if you never did any cardio you'll get tired just by going up stairs.

Why the hell would you want abs at 12? Chances are that you didn't go through puberty yet, and muscle definition requires testosterone.
Quote by wetwilliamthe3r

Are you female?
Quote by yorkshireterror
Okay, my suggestion to you: Gain muscle mass.

First question: Do both; cardio helps everything you do, gets you stronger, and in great shape.

Second question: Yes, you do need to be under, or close, to 10% body fat. You should gain weight, if your only 120 pounds, but don't try to gain weight. Just workout, and gain muscle mass.

Third qestion: Probobly. But the right cardio can replace fat with muscle.

EDIT: Damn, you're twelve? You don't need abs. Are you sure those aren't bones you see? If not, you're probobly so skinny that the little muscle mass you have is showing. It's very hard for twelve year olds to have defined abs unless they're already on a planned workout, whereas they wouldn't need to ask on here.

ok thanks for the help and not being a jerk.

p.s. the definition of the pit is"the forum for all general discussion that IS NOT covered by other forums,from music issues to whatever"

so give me a reason why the pit wouldnt cover this.
hah, all I do is play music, why the hell would I know anything about abs?

Abs are for sporty people
I may be completely wrong, but I would have thought that any attempt to seriously increase muscle mass would be a very bad idea while your skeleton is still growing. I'd suggest that you just stay in good shape now with cardio work and make sure that you eat helthily and don't get fat. Worry about the abs in 5 or 6 years.
^I think its easier to put on muscle when your growing right?

well im about 6 foot, maybe like half an inch more and i dont way that much more than you and i have great abs

im not sure how to get abs from the start since ive always just kind of had em since i was like 8 (i guess they were probably not like defined back then but you could see the muscles a little). Doing a sport seems to help keep you in shape and build musle as well- i do lacrosse.

What i do to keep my abs (sorry for bragging but i have like an 8 pack with little muscles that come out on top of my ribs when i flex- seriously not a joke) is crunches, different variations of crunches, leg lifts, v-ups, crunches/situps/vups with weight (25lbs usually) and i run and do do a lot cardio as part of lacrosse. I also ran cross country last year but i stopped doing that. I'm no expert but i would think other weight training might help too because alot of exercises involve core muscles so you might as well work out your other muscles too.

Some ideas for doing crunches- do a full sit up every 10 crunches, lift your legs back and touch your elbows to your knees on every 10th one. Also do sit ups where you go across your body to the opposite knee

Another thing that is good is doing situps on a decline bench and also on a decline bench with weight in your hands. when your using weights, you can use plates or dumbells, your preference. Its harder (so probably better) to hold them out behind your head but you can also hold it at your chest if you choose.

I dunno if doing 6-inches is helps you "get" abs but it is good for you.

I've found that while your doing crunhces or situps that its going to hurt... badly while your doing em but if you keep going then the pain will dull a little bit but it will come back then dull and come back then dull but it will increase the whole time so just do em until you really cant do anymore.

and as for the weight thing- im pretty skinny but not out of shape skinny. I eat until i'm not hungry, not till im full.

well good luck gettin those abs and have fun with the ladies once you get em
I've had my abs since I was like 8... and that was real muscle- my doctor says so

It is a lot easier to get abs when you are younger, and it is a lot easier to keep them once you have them when you are younger. But DO NOT LIFT WEIGHTS- that is about the worst thing you can do to your body right now. I say: swim
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
i play football its the off season till july.i play cornerback so i run alot during the season to keep my speed up.so ya ill just do some situps and crap,with lots of cardio then. and i do eat very healthy now.i used to be 11years old, 4 foot 11 inches, and 163 pounds.so i know what being oout of shape is like.