Hey does anyone know how much difference there actually is between real American Duncan pickups and the 'designed' ones. Because some more expensive Schecters actually used duncan designed while a cheaper model includes real Duncans', so whats the difference?
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
Well, theres really not MUCH of a difference. My SH-6 Distortions on my Gryphon sound pretty damn good. I think it depends on what kind they have though. Are you referring to the C1 Artist with the real duncans?
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
actually yes good guess, but the C-1 FR has Active Designed, unlike passive USA duncans, what would you do?
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
Yamaha EG303
The "real" SDs are gear more toward a particular sound; vintage, classic, rock, metal, etc...
The DD pickups are a more mass produced product, but designed with more of a middle ground kind of sound (They're not all the same, but they aren't as highly specialized). Then there are the classic SD pickups that have been staples of their line for years; the 59, Jazz, JB, Distortion, etc... Those will sometimes come in cheaper guitars to boost their value for people who know what to look for (a marketing ploy, but a good one). Check out SeymourDuncan.com to find out tons more than I could ever tell you.
Well. I can pretty much guarentee you that the new '06 -'07 Schecters are of less quality than the Artist edition. They may have active pup's but they are not as good. The real Duncans are amazing on the artist. The Artist also has a no-hell neck, so its got AMAZING fret access. So if you are debating between those two, its Artist all the way. Its much better.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
alright thanx ppl, yeah i've been doing a little more research every night between the two axes and totally couldnt decide, and yes i know i have to play them both, but im pretty sure the artist is a hell of deal. Just kinda thought the JB pup couldn't handle some of the heavier metal stuff, but i'll see!
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
Yamaha EG303