Ok, well, Now I've spelt it correctly. So yea, anyone else heard of or like these guys? I reckon they're pretty cool folk metal. Weird accordion solos though.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=57329362
Last edited by Magero at Jan 15, 2007,
Battle metal! Oh umm...there are at least 3 threads already. Search.
I've found Jesus
Turisas make me happy in the pants.
Quote by rabidguitarist
manowar.

on the subject:
anyone else notice that the film '300' is like... manowar: the movie?

Quote by morbid_death
Sam, you are my hero.

Metallurgy. Traditional Metal from Brisbane
http://www.myspace.com/metallurgy
The heart of Turisas was forged by four winds
In a smithy high up in the skies!

Last edited by Mr. President at Mar 10, 2007,
I bought the battle metal album about a month and i love it. Im looking forward to the new album.
Member #21 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join
SRV+Rory Gallagher>All

Quote by willpulman_172
powerslave756 speaks the truth.

Turisas are awsome!

I actually wrote the original Turisas album review. ages ago.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Quote by laffyjam
Sahti Waari FTW

My favorite song off of Battle Metal, hands down. Such an awesome song.
Yea Battle Metal is the greatest I new these guys didn't mess around when I went to there pictures and there group photos have them beheading people and stabbing them through the heads. Good Stuff hope they come to the US soon I'd love to see them.
Quote by doctorlongus
Yea Battle Metal is the greatest I new these guys didn't mess around when I went to there pictures and there group photos have them beheading people and stabbing them through the heads. Good Stuff hope they come to the US soon I'd love to see them.
This guy gave me a cd of them and its good.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Quote by laffyjam
Sahti Waari FTW

Hahah, hell yes. A mate and I are going into the city on tricylces with viking helmets and plastic swords while another mate blasts that from a stereo.
!LOVE! these guys.

Epical meetal is indeed ftw. Battle Metal is an amazing CD...cheesy or not, they rock my velveta
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
After many months of been enthralled by 'Battle Metal', i have managed to get ahold of their new album, The Varangian Way.

wikipedia -

The album is based on a concept story which is fictional, but strongly tied to real historical persons and events. It's a journey of a group of Northmen, who travel down the East-European river route through the lands of modern day East Europe. This was an important trade route in the 9th-11th centuries and the Northmen going in this direction were called Varangians who took this route to Kiev and finally Constantinople. The album follows this journey and the songs are events that take place on the road. As much as it is a journey of these men, it is also a journey in a search for self and identity - something which the protagonist is going through throughout the story. The varying surroundings can clearly be heard on the album as it features a lot of influences from the different cultures and people our travellers would have encountered on their journey.

First impressions (only listened through once) is that i dont think its as good as Battle Metal, the album is a lot shorter and it doesnt feel 'connected' as a concept album should.

However, i didnt like Battle Metal when i first got it, and put it on my shelf for a while, as time went by, i grew to love it, and turisas became one of my favourite bands. I really think this album will grow on me too!
I got hold of the Varangian Way last week, and i MUCH prefer it to Battle Metal, i find its more epic (Miklgard Overture, Fields of Gold) and i dont know, i think i'm a sucker for concept albums
I've gotten the feeling that Turisas are pretty well known, but I might be wrong. I like them.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Saw the download performance, and downloaded an album, i love it.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.