Hey UG, I've got a slight problem. I have this friend who has been playing guitar for about a year longer than I have and he knows quite a few guitar tricks and techniques that he won't show me because he says they are his and that he made them up (he's an idiot but he's a pretty good guitarist.) He says that UG is a useless site for geeks who don't have girlfriends. I really want to find some really cool guitar techniques that I can learn and then he won't be able to keep up. He knows how to do pinch harmonics (the squealing), and he does the thing where he hits a note and then bends a different note on a different string to match the note on the first string and harmonize that way or whatever. He does some other stuff that I don't know what it is but it's pretty cool, one thing he does with a whammy but I don't know how to explain it. Please help me out here. Thanks a lot guys.
Pinch harmonics, Unison bending, and dimebag squeals? wow he's amazing lol.[/sarcasm]

how to do dimebag squeals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TpYcA9bSaU

how to do pinch harmonics:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/features/steal_this_video_harmonics.html

Unison bending is pretty damn easy, you should be able to figure it out with practice?

link from steve vai's website. lesson on weird noises:
http://www.vai.com/LittleBlackDots/84/weird_noises.html

p.s. you should kick the shit outta that bitch.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Jan 15, 2007,
All the tricks in the world won't help you if you don't know when to use them. What you need to ask yourself is are you ready for that stuff yet? You're judging yourself based on what someone else can do. Focus on what You Can do. Get good at that. Maybe you'll decide you want to play that guys style and do it better, maybe you'll decide to do your own thing. There are tens of thousands of people on this planet who play guitar better than he does. Aspire to be one of them instead of this guy who thinks he's too cool to share like a real friend would.

BTW.. Bet this dude doesn't have a girlfriend either, even if he does, groupies are better.
he does the thing where he hits a note and then bends a different note on a different string to match the note on the first string and harmonize that way or whatever.

This guy is a senior member and has a Mandy Moore avatar

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by ZootCst
BTW.. Bet this dude doesn't have a girlfriend either, even if he does, groupies are better.

STD's FTW!

BTW threadstarter, hope you like the links.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
not a senior member, just put it that way and the mods blessed me with mandy (they said somethin about bein really cool or something), I can do the unison bends but I'm still having trouble with the pinch harmonics and I didn't even have a clue about the dimebag squeal. thanks guys. i know I should aspire to more than he is and I do, i am a lot better than he is at certain things but those are a few of the things I am lacking in. He's more of an aquantance than a friend, someone to compete against. anyways thanks for the help and the links, i'll get to practicing right away. anymore techniques would be great.

btw his girlfriend broke up with him about 2 weeks ago
Oh i figured you were talking about the dimebag squeal when you talked about a weird thing with the whammy (which it baically is). good luck dude.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
thanks for the help with all of that, i just got done lookin at a bunch of dimebag squeal videos and i can now do it kinda ok but i still need a lot of practice. my computer wouldn't let me watch the steal this video because it has to buffer the thing in windows media player and it takes forever but youtube would work. thanks again guys, any more tricks?