okay. so i never used text messaging but i got a new phone and it has the cingular text messaging starter plan. its 4.99 a month for 200 messages. heres my question- does that mean you can send 200 and recieve 200? or just 200 total. like 100 recieved 100sent. and also is there anyway to check (like to text cingular) to see how many texts you have left before your free ones run out and you have to start paying?
generally sent.. and it depends on what phone you have.. i think all the new phone and that have a message counter in them now.. my new one has anyway
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
You get 200 total texts (sent + received) then you get charged x amount for additional texts. You should have a text counter on your phone to keep track.
I am a breathing Time Machine!
dude...thats complete bullshit. ive probably already used up my 200 then. that means i can only send 100. (ive probably sent 85-100) and recieve 100...
idk the total amount because i clear out my text because i dont want my mom to read them..
dam that does suck.. go with telstra 1c text... it's god
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by nine01n
dude...thats complete bullshit. ive probably already used up my 200 then. that means i can only send 100. (ive probably sent 85-100) and recieve 100...
idk the total amount because i clear out my text because i dont want my mom to read them..

Umm, dude,it's five bucks. Get over it.
Don't rely on hearsay from this board, call cingular and find out what the deal is. And if you need to, just upgrade your text plan. The next one up is probably like 500 or 1000 texts for $10, I'm sure you can find an extra $5 a month.
nah..ill just cut out and quit using it as much. it just really isnt nearly as much as it sounds. i went through almost 200 (i THINK, im just guessing. its somewhere between 100-200) in jsut a week
you have to pay to receive texts in america?
Originally posted by guitarkid27
RobbieMac2002 gives good advice.
i have 1000 texts a month.. and use only bouyt 400 a month...
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
I have unlimited everything (Text, Calling, Picture/Video/Sound Messaging, Internet) for $35 a month, it's badass
Quote by RobbieMac2002
you have to pay to receive texts in america?

its the american way...
Quote by Borkov
I have unlimited everything (Text, Calling, Picture/Video/Sound Messaging, Internet) for $35 a month, it's badass

Who's your provider?
MG Free At Last
Cricket, they're putting up service in alot of major cities now (Cool thing about it is I get full bars everywhere)

Check it:
www.mycricket.com

It's totally worth it

EDIT: Check your area for special deals, that's how I got all of that for $35