Right, so I've never used an effect pedal (I know ). So I guess my question is: Is it really worth $50-100 just to get a few new sounds for your guitar? I can't imagine spending that much for a new effect, do I have the wrong idea about pedals ?

=0
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Quote by QuiteTheFellow
Right, so I've never used an effect pedal (I know ). So I guess my question is: Is it really worth $50-100 just to get a few new sounds for your guitar? I can't imagine spending that much for a new effect, do I have the wrong idea about pedals ?

=0

I went out and bought a RockTron Distortion Pedal Stomp Box, something like that... And I didn't know what it was going to be like, but I love it, the sound is a lot nicer then how it was just plugging straight into my amp.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Depends on the player.

Some players like to use a lot of effects, and some are meat and potatoes style players where they will likely just run the guitar to the amp and maybe have a channel switch on the ground. A lot of people like to use some sort of Wah effect, and others phase shifters. I've gotten really into phase shifting recently and never had any regrets about spending so much on a pedal to do it.
Quote by Buzz762
Depends on the player.

Some players like to use a lot of effects, and some are meat and potatoes style players where they will likely just run the guitar to the amp and maybe have a channel switch on the ground. A lot of people like to use some sort of Wah effect, and others phase shifters. I've gotten really into phase shifting recently and never had any regrets about spending so much on a pedal to do it.

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does a phase shifter do?
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Last edited by QuiteTheFellow at Jan 15, 2007,
There are plenty of pedals that are way under $50 if you want to experiment. Danelectro and Behringer are 2 brands that have good value pedals.

musiciansfriend.com has the Danelectro pedals starting at $15.

and instrumentpro.com has a bunch of Behringer pedals starting at $20.
Most music shops have a rack of pedals that they will let you plug into, go try a few out, I am kinda partial to my Crybaby and my DigiDelay, both bought second hand, less than $50 each, no functional problems with either. I have a few other effects that I only use on occasion, but, when you want a certain sound they can be a real blessing. You could go for a cheap multi effect if you want lots of versatility with your effects, but those usually have poorer quality effects, though still fun to play with.
"Let me tell you something about Rebels, Obi-Wayne. They want you to come get them, they LOVE it."