Alright so Im not gonna buy an avt this is my dilemma guys please help out I like bands like

zeppelin , aerosmith , guns n roses ( especially GUNS N ROSES ) etc......

I need a amp with the tube power but for around 400 and down bucks???
Last edited by Nirvana_RATM2 at Jan 15, 2007,
A band with tube power?

On a serious note, I'd suggest saving up if you want tube.

EDIT: if it's just for practice, Epi Valve Jr + OD pedal. If not, save up and get a Traynor YCV20.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Jan 15, 2007,
Maybe get a Valve or so?
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
The only (tube) amp that comes to mind is the Peavey VK, but they have reliability issues.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Alright I was thinking of getting either a

Vox Valvatronics 50 watt

or

Behringer GM?? 120 watt but with the marshall guv'nur pedal.... Which would help out the tone by leaps
I don't know about prices where you lie, but maybe a Peavey Classic 30, or a Vox AC30CC1.

Look used, you might find a great deal. But I don't know if you can get a gig worthy tube amp in that price, since I don't know how prices in Houston go.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Stay away from any and all Behringer guitar AMPS. Their cabs are awesome and their bass gear is pretty solid for the price - but their guitar amps suck teh c0ck.

Id say go for the 50watt Valvetronix if youre going new.
^ Nah, I'd stay away from the bass amps and the cabs as well. The bass gear is notorious for blowing speakers at modest volumes. Plus the bass and guitar amps sound bad too.

Cheap, but not worth it IMO.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
I 3rd everything said about Behringer. Behringer is one of the worst companies for anything guitar, pro audio or anything else related. I made the mistake of getting one of their amps when I was 17 and it was great until about a week after the warranty expired. I also have to use their lighting console when i run lights for my church, and end up having to reset the memories on it everytime it is used, even for static lighting. Behringer has the worst quality control EVER. I'd say my $50 Rouge amp sounds better than a Behringer.

For that price range, I'd check out the Peavey classic 30, or maybe a Fender Blues Jr. and mic it in a live situation. If you're not completely stuck on something valve, check eBay for used Roland JC-120's, if you play it right you can get one for three bills. The clean tone on these is legendary, but you'll want to run a pedal for OD/Dist.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
Quote by aznrockerdude
A band with tube power?

On a serious note, I'd suggest saving up if you want tube.

EDIT: if it's just for practice, Epi Valve Jr + OD pedal. If not, save up and get a Traynor YCV20.

+1 on the Traynor suggestion.
*shrug* I havnt had any problems with my Behringer cabs and I used to run them at extreme volumes everyday for long periods of time. Obviously yeah, the quality of some stuff is going to suck nuggetpouch like their amps and effects and instruments...but there are a few things from them I like. Like their higher end microphones, PA power amps, mixing boards, PA speakers (especially the powered ones) and a few other things.
teh vox ac 15 is a great amp as is the fender blues jnr and the epi valve jnr or marshall dsl if you can afford it?
Quote by The_0thersid3
teh vox ac 15 is a great amp as is the fender blues jnr and the epi valve jnr or marshall dsl if you can afford it?

The Blues Jr. would be terrible for the bands he mentioned. The Vox is a nice amp, but they are a bit expensive. I don't know anything about the Epi, and the DSL is much more expensive with an overwhelming amount of negative feedback. I still suggest the Traynor YCV20 (the YCV 50 blue if you can get a good price on a used one).
Quote by The_0thersid3
whats negative feed back?

People saying its sucks teh b4lls i would have thought.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by guitaristclass
People saying its sucks teh b4lls i would have thought.

That was the general idea (mostly major issues with heat problems ruining things on the amp -- and apparently they are not really all tube). Regardless, the "used" (401) I was watching went to about $700 on eBay (shipped) -- way out of the thread starters price range.
Well about Behringer, they do alot of bad stuff, but some really good stuff. For an example theyre new Xenyx mixing boards are awesome!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I would just be getting it for the fact that it is loud , and using the jackhammer for most of my tone. Well im heading out to some local mom and pop shops and then GC to look.
Quote by Gabel
Well about Behringer, they do alot of bad stuff, but some really good stuff. For an example theyre new Xenyx mixing boards are awesome!

Agreed!
A vox ac 15 will run you around 700 Candian new, an ac 30 will be around 1200, 1700 with the celestion blue speakers, these are all brand new prices, you will also need an averdrive pedal to get the sound your looking for. great amps, I have the ac30 myself, i love it, i play in a band and its has more than enough wattage to keep up, I can drown out my friends jcm2000triple superlead when he has his saftey on lol. even then I run it at about 3 and its will rattle the pictures of my walls, not to mention the amazing overdriven sound after you trweak it out and the clean are even bette, this amp is pure heaven id say if you could find on go for it, or a marshall but the pricey.
Epiphone EJ-160E 6 string acoustic
Fender american highwayone sunburst strat
Art and Lutherie Cedar 12 string acoustic
Gibson (White) Les Paul Studio
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi