This thread is here to discuss the band that will soon go down as the band that took Iron Maiden's sound and power metal to the next level, CELLADOR.

Seriously people owe it to themselves to check them out, the Iron Maiden influence is ridiciulous, the singer sounds like the spawn of Bruce Dickinson.

Think of it as DragonForce, but without all the cheezy bullshit.

www.myspace.com/cellador
yes theyre the only power metal i like.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Technical farts in odd time signatures?

WTF do you eat?

Quote by metabolicmaggot
Wow these answers scare me....I've swallowed some of that suff....I need a shower.
Meh @ Cellador. Saw em live, didnt like em.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
No one will ever have the same magic that Iron Maiden did back in their early years, definately not Cellador.

And what ever happened to Iron Maiden being a straight up traditional metal band?
Cellador kick Dragonforces ass.
You told me not to make new threads, and to search for threads that have already been posted, so dont bitch about the revival.
Quote by Retard-Rebel14
Cellador kick Dragonforces ass.

FAIL. However, Cellador is great and I <3 them lots, just trying to get this thread bumpin' cause' I think more people should hear of/know/talk about them.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I think they're a great band and yeah, they're no Maiden but who cares?
Edit: I will direct you to this...
Use the search bar, that's what it's there for.
Last edited by Embodiment at Mar 7, 2007,
I saw them live, their show included loss of drum sticks and problems with the bass amp. Theyre one of those bands that are okay but could be better if they got a better singer.
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
There are probably 5 threads already on them.

And based on their sole release they have much much more to prove, especially originality-wise caus we've heard Cellador many times before in other bands.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Quote by unfathomable_bo
The singer sound EXACTLY like another power metal singer but I can never put my finger on who

you mean about 80% of all the power metal singers out there? yeah, i see that
hello
Where the hell did they get inspiration for the name? Cellar Door? Supposedly the most pleasant sound...
I've found Jesus
Too damn generic.

There is seriously nothing interesting there that hasn't been done 1010320430 times.

I mean Dragonforce is on the bottom of my power metal food chain, but at least they could add in some gay noises.
Cellador are flippin amazing, I think I bought there CD like 3 weeks after it was released, it kicks mega ass. Seen through time is the best song on there.
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
The singer sound EXACTLY like another power metal singer but I can never put my finger on who

Bruce Dickenson?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by unfathomable_bo

I can't put the finger on it either. At time it sounds like Stratovarius' singer (style) and at a certain point it sounds like Daniel Heiman of Lost Horizon. But I'm pretty sure there's another singer that is exactly like Cellador.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Quote by chemicalsolutio
I can't put the finger on it either. At time it sounds like Stratovarius' singer (style) and at a certain point it sounds like Daniel Heiman of Lost Horizon. But I'm pretty sure there's another singer that is exactly like Cellador.

Im pretty sure that was a joke
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Quote by unfathomable_bo

Michael Kiske? But everyone copies him.
The songs are good and all but I think the singer sings off key or something. I'm not really a fan of them, but I thought it was all good until he started singing.
David
Craft
I like powermetal, but just about every band sounds the same. It bugs me.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
Quote by Nunwhxre 666
I like powermetal, but just about every band sounds the same. It bugs me.

You are listening to the wrong power metal, foo.
Quote by whitebluesboy

Think of it as DragonForce, but without all the cheezy bull****.

I had the same feelings when I first heard Iced Earth.I love Iron Maiden, the gallops, etc etc. Dragonfarce is just a lazy man's band who cannot dig a little deeper into power metal.

Only one album? I await their second installment with anticipation.

Question: Is it pronounced chella-door? or cell-a-door?
The only thing I don't like is that their lead singer likes to dress up like an emo. Its in oen of their videos.
Quote by Dogruitag
The only thing I don't like is that their lead singer likes to dress up like an emo. Its in oen of their videos.

EXACTLY! At first when my friend showed me their video, I got turned off due to the vocalist. Then a few months later I completely forgotten about them and then yesterday I listened to one of their songs again and they sounded like Dragonforce, so I got interested. I watched the video and again same reaction towards the vocalist. Comon, grow some long hair and do a helicopter spin or something instead of using a bandanna.
My Gear:
Epiphone LP Black Beauty (2007)| Washburn WM24K (2008)| Ibanez Iceman IC300 (2003)| Ibanez GRX40 (2004) w Gold Lace Sensors| Roland Microcube| Marshall G10MK.II Amp| Zoom G2.1u| BOSS Metal Zone

Yes, I am a simple guy.
Regardless of whether or not lead singer man dresses like an "emo", they're pretty much standard generic power metal, which is to say, good in small doses. If I want power metal though, I'd turn elsewhere. Plus, their songs are only about four minutes. I want eight minute epics!
Quote by unfathomable_bo

^I think he means Karl Sanders.

But yeah, they're the best band in my state. A few weeks ago they had a concert for their vocalist's birthday & my friend Stan (you might know him as Stanleybach here on UG, he has a ghandi avatar) gets lessons with their guitarrist Bill Hudson, so we went & it was awesome. They're a great band, but I'm not huge into power metal, soo...
Oh, btw they played "Eye of the Tiger" for their encore.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
I've heard quite a bit from what's going to be on their next album. It's unbelievabley awesome, astronomically better than their first album, which is still good.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by unfathomable_bo

Matt Smith from Theocracy.

Quote by Slaughtered
I saw them live, their show included loss of drum sticks and problems with the bass amp. Theyre one of those bands that are okay but could be better if they got a better singer.

And why does this post say it was edited by Samuel L. Jackson?

Best album by these guys?
Quote by Butt Rayge
Matt Smith from Theocracy.

And why does this post say it was edited by Samuel L. Jackson?

Best album by these guys?

Enter Deception.

It's the only one.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...