I have problem with playing guitar and standing up , i have to bend my wrist is a weird way to play some of the notes or i dont reach the notes, the only way i can really do it is hold the head up near my head , and that reminds me of mick thompson... and i dont like it , i'm getting a new esp in about 2 days cant wait , and its got a thinner neck , do you think this will help or it there some way to make it easier for me to play standing up??

Thanks, FeLiX.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
No its how high ur guitar is have it higher so you can reach the frets but not so high that u look like a douche............. read my sig
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Bring the guitar strap higher, or just keep practicing with it. Just need to build more muscle.
SPACE FOR RENT
Raise or lower your strap to the position it is in when you sit down.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
ur probly like me, spent years sitting down and then tried to play standing up and felt stupid..... but its really just the hight of ur guitar.... dont have it up near your chin or u look very uncool. and dont have it so low you look like a hunchback trying to play. just adjust the height until its comfortable
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Don't worry how you look. Wear your guitar high, it's easier to play. With time, it'll gradually lower. Just keep practicing standing up.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
stop playing down by ur knees.... if u are

Have it at a comfortable positiona round ur waist. Or slightly lower. Also holding the guitar upright will help hitting the higher notes. You'll get used to either way u play though.
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Quote by cotyt15
I actually play better standing up.. I don't know why

Lucky

and for everyone else , i shall adjust my strap
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Yeah.... Like, Petrucci.. He has his guitars high up on his chest when he's in concert...

Mmm... Petrucci.
the only thing i have a problem with while standing up is galloping the top E string, or trem picking it
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
Lucky

and for everyone else , i shall adjust my strap

yeah, i play my guitar pretty high up... right where my stomach and chest meet... it's comfortable for me and i don't give a shit how i look
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
whatever you do, DON'T BEND YOUR WRIST TOO MUCH LIKE I DID! I mean yeah, it might let you hit all the notes just fine but after a while it starts to hurt. Just make sure you have good form in your wrist on your fretting hand. try to keep it straight without putting your thumb over the top of the fretboard... that is unless if your doing some kind of blues mutting with your thumb. just go here..
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/guitar_techniques/right_and_left_hand_technique_part_2_-_left_hand_position.html
yeh.. my guitar is down low.. but i only have it so low that i can reach the tone nob with a fully stretched out arm.. but still not bending over to reach it
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Ok, this came as a revelation to me:

Bring your thumb further across the pick, and that'll make it much easier to align the pick with the strings enough to make it easy to play, especially for palm muting.

So, your going from this:

To this:
lol
herman li said on an interview with Guitar World as an advice to beginners:
"Practice playing your guitar while standing up so that, by the time you start playing onstage, you won't need to strap it up to your chin."
and i personally do think that its wierd playing while looking over the fretboard
i mean u look noobie liek that.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
lol
herman li said on an interview with Guitar World as an advice to beginners:
"Practice playing your guitar while standing up so that, by the time you start playing onstage, you won't need to strap it up to your chin."
and i personally do think that its wierd playing while looking over the fretboard
i mean u look noobie liek that.

well maybe if you took your pants off, i'd have something else to stare at!!!
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
In regard to that second picture up there:
That's how I hold my pick! Everyone I ever met told me it was wrong and they hold their picks in between the thumb and first finger.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Last edited by jthm_guitarist at Jan 15, 2007,
i can play in front of people standing up no problem without any problem, but when recording i used to get nervous for some reason idk lol and id always **** up recording and have to take a bunch of times ..... so id have to sit down and concentrate hard. but playing standing up is the only way to go ..... i see sitting and playing is fine only when your learning new shit or really tired and just practicing, but if your jamming or ever gonna play a show you should learn how to play standing up and practice standing. my suggestion is use something like a toolbox or a small amp, wooden box, anything about 1' high and rest your left foot on it ( if your a righty , vise versa if your a lefty ) . then you can just rest the body of the guitar on your thigh / knee ( unless you have a rhoads or a flying v ) and play just like you were sitting ..... only now the neck tilted upwards y and you can acess all the frets with ease ..... i would suggest practicing like this for a while to build up your back / shoulder / and wrist to get used to it then try playing just standing up and move around a little bit. before you know it you'll be headbanging and jumping lol ..... good luck

- Jdawg
Fucking Metal all the time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

music page