yeah, so i was pretty much set on the ashdown fallen angel 40, until i really took a look at the randall rg50tc. now, ive only gotten a chance to play the randall because nowhere near me has the ashdown. the randall kind of fit my needs, and i thought it was fairly decent, but i hear the ashdown is more versatile, and i imagine the gain on the clean channel could really be useful.

the randall is $80 more than the ashdown.

from what i've heard, the ashdown is the "better" amp, but i know you normally get what you pay for, so i'm not sure if the randall beats it out or not.

musically, i generally play hardcore and punk with quite a bit of metal influence, but i definitely want a lot of versatility in being able to play clean and low-gain blues stuff; as well as having enough gain for metal.

so yeah....randall: get the $80 extra value, or just go for the ashdown?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
I have played a Randall, I played one straight after a Valveking in a store, and it was lifeless as hell. Pretty flat and boring, really didn't like it. The VK had life, soul, massive low end rumble.. I loved it. It's god damn versatile too because it has a class selector on the back meaning you can go from class A classic rock to Class A/B post-hardcore punk stuff. And most people on here seem to agree the cleans on the Valveking are very, very good.

I, however, haven't tried the ashdown, but I've read only good things on it.
Originally posted by jimmeh
I'm gonna try and teach my gf bass. I've only tried once, and we were both naked and still in bed, so it didn't work so well.
i thought I liked the randall better, but I haven't been able to try them head to head. I'd also say the randall is more versatile.

that's totally personal preference, though.

My feeling is, if you like the randall, buy it, since it's a bit of a lottery with the ashdown if you can't try it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?