I bought this Ibanez at a pawn shop for about $160, and I'm pretty sure it's a discontinued model, but I have no idea what it's called. Basically, it's a strat style, with a gloss black finish with matching headstock, a bolt on neck (maple, i think) no pickguard, two chrome knobs, standard 6-point trem, and two humbuckers. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of GRX. It says Gio above the ibanez logo. Everything that's even close to that has been HSH, but this just has 2 humbuckers, and no middle pickup.

Anyone have any ideas about what model this is?
--Gear List--
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Duncan Hot Rails
Duncan JB Jr.
Peavey Bandit
Sigma DR28
emm i think you said it when u said GIO.. go online and look for all the other gio models. .
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Ibanez Gio Micro GRGM21. Probably listed under just GRGM21.

Only problem is, the GRGM21 has a black pickguard.

Could possibly be a GRG170DXBKN.
Thanks for the help. All of them came close, but none of them were exactly right. It looks a bit like the one that is being sold now in the Ibanez metal starter pak, but the pickups are older.
--Gear List--
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Duncan Hot Rails
Duncan JB Jr.
Peavey Bandit
Sigma DR28
talman maybe?
but i doubt that
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by xDeadReckoningx
I bought this Ibanez at a pawn shop for about $160, and I'm pretty sure it's a discontinued model, but I have no idea what it's called. Basically, it's a strat style, with a gloss black finish with matching headstock, a bolt on neck (maple, i think) no pickguard, two chrome knobs, standard 6-point trem, and two humbuckers. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of GRX. It says Gio above the ibanez logo. Everything that's even close to that has been HSH, but this just has 2 humbuckers, and no middle pickup.

Anyone have any ideas about what model this is?

I have the same guitar dude. It's the Ibanez GRG170DX. Mine has a middle pickup up so mine might be different though.
The Kingdom of Salvation is lost
and I am left in the holocaust
Of deceit and lies
people say while looking in my eyes
Maybe they lie to fill the hole
left by the vacancy of their souls
For a man can only lie
after his soul has died.