Alright i'm meant to be getting a new Esp in about 2 days , its got floyd rose on it , and i was just reading a thing on it and heaps of people dont like it , so i got some questions for you
Do you like it?
it is hard to tune??
is it hard to restring??
Can you get a LTD M-400 without it??

thankyou
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
m-400 , dude i fucking hate you. i want one so bad.

I love my floyd rose.
It takes a little patience to tune it.
Restringing is easy as long as it's only one string at a time.

edit: believe me, it isn't nearly as bad as what other people say. when i was about to get my guitar (ltd m-100fm) i was afraid of the floyd rose cuz of what people said, when i got it i was like "wtf is so bad?"

it keeps you in tune longer and you can pull the whammy bar up. it kicks ass.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Jan 15, 2007,
The floyd of rosedale is the trophy given to whoever wins the football game between the minnesota gophers and iowa hawkeyes. Thats what i thought you were talking about anyway.
Quote by metal4all
m-400 , dude i ****ing hate you. i want one so bad.

I love my floyd rose.
It takes a little patience to tune it.
Restringing is easy as long as it's only one string at a time.

Lol suck it
I'm not a dude either

How long does it take to do one string??

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
Alright i'm meant to be getting a new Esp in about 2 days , its got floyd rose on it , and i was just reading a thing on it and heaps of people dont like it , so i got some questions for you
Do you like it?
it is hard to tune??
is it hard to restring??
Can you get a LTD M-400 without it??

thankyou

you'll get a better response in the guitar section of the forum.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26

There^
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
the floyd rose system is generally good for players who don't change tunings a lot.

most people who criticize floyd rose for being too complicated are idiots who just do not have the intellectual capacity (aka common sense) to know how to properly use, set up, and maintain the floyd rose.

i have a jackson made floyd rose that works great. It stays in tune very well. also i find restringing on floyd rose systems much easier than other bridges.

the only real pain about floyd rose is the initial set-up. When you take the stock strings off and put on your preferred strings and their gauges, you have to adjust the floyd rose's spring tension. this can take an hour or two. Aside from that, there shouldn't be any real problems.

there are a few helpful techniques when restringing or adjusting the floyd rose and if you need any help, just PM me. when you use these techniques, using the floyd rose is a piece of cake.
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX

that's a shitty way of restringing. again, i'll explain to you how to properly restring using a floyd rose when you get it.
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
Lol suck it
I'm not a dude either

tits, no tits, we all love guitars lol.

I'm sorta slow and it takes me like 2 1/2 -3 minutes (including tuning)
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by altronataku
the floyd rose system is generally good for players who don't change tunings a lot.

most people who criticize floyd rose for being too complicated are idiots who just do not have the intellectual capacity (aka common sense) to know how to properly use, set up, and maintain the floyd rose.

i have a jackson made floyd rose that works great. It stays in tune very well. also i find restringing on floyd rose systems much easier than other bridges.

the only real pain about floyd rose is the initial set-up. When you take the stock strings off and put on your preferred strings and their gauges, you have to adjust the floyd rose's spring tension. this can take an hour or two. Aside from that, there shouldn't be any real problems.

there are a few helpful techniques when restringing or adjusting the floyd rose and if you need any help, just PM me. when you use these techniques, using the floyd rose is a piece of cake.

Thankyou , that was my biggest worry about it , restringing it. i shall pm you if i need anyhelp when i get it

I LOVE KENSAI
Do you like it?
A Ton you can yank the shit out of it with it still in tune.

Is it hard to tune??
You can either unscrew the locks or use the knobs on the bottom.

Is it hard to restring??
Its take forever and is NOT fun to do..I hate it.

dunno the last one. :snyper:

btw my Ibanez is from the early 90s Late 80s so the floyd rose might be a little different.
Last edited by IbanezPlayer27 at Jan 15, 2007,
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
Thankyou , that was my biggest worry about it , restringing it. i shall pm you if i need anyhelp when i get it

just pm me when you get it and i'll explain the right way. i don't want you to be struggling with it using the 1 string at a time method.

the proper method takes half an hour tops, including taking off the strings, putting on the newstrings, and setting things up/stretching.
altronataku, an hour or two just to fix the spring tension? damn. it didnt take me that long, even including the time i read the owners manual.

edit: if you dont do it one string at a time then it will fuck with the spring tension and that aint fun to deal with. i dont get how you do it?

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all
altronataku, an hour or two just to fix the spring tension? damn. it didnt take me that long, even including the time i read the owners manual.

yea, because i had a different string gauge and it was a real bitch.
Quote by metal4all

edit: if you dont do it one string at a time then it will fuck with the spring tension and that aint fun to deal with. i dont get how you do it?

the trick is to put a block under the bridge. that's it. from there on the bridge is stable and fixed. and you can cut off all strings at once.

if you're using the same gauge as before, it will not mess up the tension balance.
oh thats a sweet idea. i wouldnt have thought of that.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by altronataku
the trick is to put a block under the bridge. that's it. from there on the bridge is stable and fixed. and you can cut off all strings at once.

if you're using the same gauge as before, it will not mess up the tension balance.

Man I didn't think of that..I'm definitely doing that now the block under it.
You probably should just replace all the strings at once and not just one. Just make sure to block it and changing strings goes a LOT faster. Then just unblock it when you're done.

EDIT: Arrgh, that took me too long to post. If it wasn't for dial-up I would have been the first to post.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Last edited by jthm_guitarist at Jan 15, 2007,
yup.

also, a tip/cheap way for D-tuning with non D-tuner floyd roses:

Unlock the EA nut but leave the other 2 locked. slightly start detuning the low E but don't d-tune all the way. you'll notice that the bridge starts to pull back. Use a soft and small towel and shove parts of it into the bridge until it has enough support from the towel to become balanced again. then keep d-tuning and the bridge will pull back a little more. shove a little more of the towel in until the bridge is balanced again and make neccessary adjustments. and there you go, cheap way to d-tune.
Quote by altronataku
yup.

also, a tip/cheap way for D-tuning with non D-tuner floyd roses:

Unlock the EA nut but leave the other 2 locked. slightly start detuning the low E but don't d-tune all the way. you'll notice that the bridge starts to pull back. Use a soft and small towel and shove parts of it into the bridge until it has enough support from the towel to become balanced again. then keep d-tuning and the bridge will pull back a little more. shove a little more of the towel in until the bridge is balanced again and make neccessary adjustments. and there you go, cheap way to d-tune.

Yeha so this will be my first floyd rose , so what are the nuts??? and i dont know if i read it propably but is it hard to tune between d and e??? coz that mostly what i play in

I LOVE KENSAI
you could get it blocked if you do a lot of tunings, i do so thats what i would do
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
Yeha so this will be my first floyd rose , so what are the nuts??? and i dont know if i read it propably but is it hard to tune between d and e??? coz that mostly what i play in

again, i'lll point them out to you when you can actually see and use them lol.

generally, if you're going to d-tune and then back up to standard frequently, it will be a hassle. this is because the differrent string tensions will screw up your tuning. if you're changing tunings a lot, floyd rose is not for you. so next time you either want to buy a hardtail or fixed bridge, or buy a floyd rose with a D-Tuner if you just detune the low E to a D.
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX

again, i'lll point them out to you when you can actually see and use them lol.

generally, if you're going to d-tune and then back up to standard frequently, it will be a hassle. this is because the differrent string tensions will screw up your tuning. if you're changing tunings a lot, floyd rose is not for you. so next time you either want to buy a hardtail or fixed bridge, or buy a floyd rose with a D-Tuner if you just detune the low E to a D.

if you meant you play mainly in D tuned tuning, then when you initially set up the floyd rose, set it up in the D-tuned tuning.
Quote by Gyser
you could get it blocked if you do a lot of tunings, i do so thats what i would do

Blocked meaning?????

I LOVE KENSAI
Ok i'm really concerned about this , i dont wanna spen $950AUD on a guitar with floyd rose i dont like , so i All i want you to say , yes or no answer is , Is it hard just tuning your low E string to D frequently??? and vise versa

I LOVE KENSAI
yes it is.

but there are ways around it. you can make a custom wooden block that matches the height of the floyd rose to the ground of the cavity. then you can just stick the block in there and it will balance the floyd rose perfectly, thus not compromising the tuning when playing in D.
Last edited by altronataku at Jan 15, 2007,