I've been playing a little over two years, mainly metallica, ozzy, black label society, avenged sevenfold, and hendrix. I have a Rogue wah pedal i got for twenty bucks when I started playing but it doesnt always give a reliable nice wavy sound. I'm looking for a nice pedal trying to stay around 80 or 90 bucks. It'll be played with either a standard Strat or a Epi SG G310 through a Marshall amp usually with a Danelectro Distortion. Thanks!

I have a Crybaby but I'm just not that impressed, it's a personal thing, so suggestions other thaan that would be appreciated.
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Spider 3 75
Epi SG G310
Fender Stratocaster
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Distortion
Eleca Acoustic
Rogue Wah
Last edited by pkeeling at Jan 15, 2007,
The crybaby takes a while to get used to. When you do get the knack to it you should be able to get some pretty cool sounds from it
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
I'm with you on the crybaby, I'm not terribly fussed on them either. The Vox wah pedals are much better imo. I've never tried the Ibanez one, so I can't really comment on that.
Crybaby from Hell is pretty good. I feel it can get a bit thin at times at the upper neck...but at the lower part of the neck..it's VERy brutal!...I never play a vox wah but I really want to!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I really like the Boss V-Wah, but I've been hearing more and more good reviews of the Weeping Demon.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
morley bad horsie 2!!!!!!!! cos the contour mode is the best, as normal wah on it sucks ass BIG time
gear:
Gibson Sg special faded
esp/ltd v-250
some dodgy russian acoustic (accord or something)
marshall valvestate 8080 w/foot switch
marshall mg 10cd
boss ds-2
behringer eq700
morley bad horsie 2
The Weeping Demon is a great pedal with lots of settings so it may be a little pricy but worth it
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
For Hendrix, you'll want a Vox wah. Problem is, for your other stuff, you might want a more metal-y wah. It's a tough choice.
^Nah, I've played a Vox wah (Clyde McCoy) and it held up *better* than the Crybaby From Hell with heavy distortion.
Aren't they unreliable Danno13 (vox clyde mccoy)?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
If you want to splash out, try find a vintage Vox Clyde McCoy or whatever they are called, apparently quite good, never played one though
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Quote by aznrockerdude
Aren't they unreliable Danno13 (vox clyde mccoy)?

i don't know, just played it in the store. Haven't heard anything negative though.
hey thanks guy ill give them a look
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Spider 3 75
Epi SG G310
Fender Stratocaster
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Distortion
Eleca Acoustic
Rogue Wah
Quote by Danno13
^Nah, I've played a Vox wah (Clyde McCoy) and it held up *better* than the Crybaby From Hell with heavy distortion.

Tis' why I should have thought about playing the wah's before I got em'.

Oh well, the wah is fine for me now.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
while on the wah subject, i saw a vox vw(or whatever) 846. i know of the 47 and the 48 is the clyde, right? so what was that one?

and i happen to like the original cryybaby, so much that i bought another to mod.

2 crybabys for under 75$ total.

try the ultimate wah mod thread, most of the mods are one resistor changes with little chance of failure. you can easily morph that crybaby into a vox wah, and save about 70$ or PM pink for help, he should help you out.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
^I Googled it. The V846 was the model that came before the Clyde McCoy, I guess. I don't think you can get it too easily anymore.