Page 1 of 3
Ive noticed that im seeing a lot less people using strats nowadays which is kool i guess cuz it used to be that everyone had a strat. Dont get me wrong almost any noob goes out and buys a shitty strat copy but i rarley see people using fender strats as much as i see like ibanez and other brands around. Is it just me or are strats VERY slowly fading? Anyone think of another guitar thats lost popularity>
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Jan 15, 2007,
no real guitar players will never let the strat die its too important to rock n rolls history
Quote by dogfennell
Whats a "liemthe guy?"
Meh.

UG = Ibanez, it'll never die. =\

I'm not seeing any guitar brand die though.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Your about right, I haven't seen a proper strat player in a long time save John Frusciante.

I love strats and I play one, so theres no problem.
i have a squier strat not a big fan of the sqier but i love strats
i also have a jag stang
I agree with king_O_dudes. Anyway, I haven't noticed strats going out of style. A lot of people around here have them.
Member #9 of the Carvin club
Quote by king_O_dudes
no real guitar players will never let the strat die its too important to rock n rolls history

Effin a, i plan on buying a strat j/ to fuel the rock fire. That and the fact that i want a guitar for blues
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
it just depends on what you listen too ,
fender strats = blues sound
fender teles = country sound
ibanez, jackson = Metal/shred sound.
im sick of all the Gibson/fender purists, im also sick of some of the metal/shred players who wont play anything but an ibanez. theres a good medium in between there.
i got a squire strat, and just got a epi LP but i plan on buying a fender strat 1 day....or building one from parts
Most kids are playing metal/shred and strats are viewed as slow vintage guitars. Tis a shame.
I want to get a strat, but can't afford one at the moment but my next will most likey be an American strat. I don't think they're really fading but I see what you mean.

No need to worry real guitarists will always like the strat.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Personally i'm not a strat fan but i'll probably but one one day when i'm ridiculously famous with a load of cash but i couldn't stand too see the most famous/influential guitar ever to die. maybe fender need to do something to improve the strat make a newer model like a metalilised strat that would be kool.
I love white guitars!
Quote by that1l)ude
it just depends on what you listen too ,
fender strats = blues sound
fender teles = country sound
ibanez, jackson = Metal/shred sound.
im sick of all the Gibson/fender purists, im also sick of some of the metal/shred players who wont play anything but an ibanez. theres a good medium in between there.

I play metal on a strat...
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Eat_0n_Kent
Personally i'm not a strat fan but i'll probably but one one day when i'm ridiculously famous with a load of cash but i couldn't stand too see the most famous/influential guitar ever to die. maybe fender need to do something to improve the strat make a newer model like a metalilised strat that would be kool.

you're talking about the "showmaster" line. strats for playing faster, harder, and louder. well those aren't quite the technical terms but you get what I mean. they've also introduced a newer line of telecasters. check the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220070696860&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
I love strats, the're so damn sexy.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
one of my guitarists plays a strat and we play metalcore and thrash ( none of the whiney metalcore though lol )

and I say why buy a strat or an ibanez or anything like that? get a PRS, sound good for anything ;-)
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
I think Ibanez is slowly acquiring more customers mainly due to the amount of virtousos and players that use the brand, and to be honest, strats are rarely used nowadays by the better players in the world, apart from Yngwie of course.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
I think Ibanez is slowly acquiring more customers mainly due to the amount of virtousos and players that use the brand, and to be honest, strats are rarely used nowadays by the better players in the world, apart from Yngwie of course.

Frusciante, Clapton is still around too!!!
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by stringmagician
Your about right, I haven't seen a proper strat player in a long time save John Frusciante.

I love strats and I play one, so theres no problem.

john mayer!?
^Mike McCready, John Frusciante, and John Mayer^
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by xrawrockkillsx
john mayer!?

ah yes, one of the better blues guitarists of our time as well.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
ah yes, one of the better blues guitarists of our time as well.

yes, very much so. thank you.

yeah its kind of a shame that strats are fading... but once this shredhead fad is gone, people will remember to appreciate the guitar, and not just 463289346278432 notes per second.

im getting a strat
i got my fender strat three and a half years ago, and i still love it as much as ever *hugs strat*

*caresses strat*

...it's my bitch.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Because all the old farts that only play blues on a Fender through a Fender Twin using only a tubescreamer (but only since SRV did) say that "Fender is THE BEST GUITAR 11!!1one! You must buy a Fender stratocaster, every great guitar player had a Fender stratocaster!"
Me: "But they look like pussy"
Teacher: "Every guitarist played one!"
Me: "What did Jimmy Page play?"
Teacher: "Well, a Les Paul, actually, BUT RITCHIE BLACKMORE IS BETTER THAN HIM ANYWAY CUZ HE PLAY'S A STRAT!"

end actual conversation.
Strat's just aren't appreciated enough. Too many people are all about Metal and thick distorted sounds these days. UG is a prime example here. If it hasn't got two humbuckers it's not worth crap to a lot of the metalheads. I love metal music, but on this forum its embarassing to admit it sometimes for the close-mindedness that follows.

Strats forever baby
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
Yeah, it happens a lot at the end of song, you know, when the feedback fades into the background.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
First off, your title is misleading.

Second, no. The strat isn't fading away. It may not be as 'mainstream' as it was way back when. But it's not fading.

Quote by soul_power
Frusciante, Clapton is still around too!!!

I may be mistaken, but doesn't Gilmour use a strat?
Spiral Out
Quote by MattIgoe0108
Strat's just aren't appreciated enough. Too many people are all about Metal and thick distorted sounds these days. UG is a prime example here. If it hasn't got two humbuckers it's not worth crap to a lot of the metalheads. I love metal music, but on this forum its embarassing to admit it sometimes for the close-mindedness that follows.

Strats forever baby

Yes, but you honestly aren't gonna try to play a deicide song with a strat are you?
Quote by whalepudding
I play metal on a strat...

I do too. I've always loved the strat and I just recently got mine.
-Roy

My Gear
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster
Washburn Lyon (LCT24)
Silvertone Revolver Bass
Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic
Fender CD160E-12
Guild Starfire IV
Some cruddy classical that my parents bought off ebay for like 40 bucks.
Quote by moup
It's all about opinions again.

But when I get enough money I'll toss the Squier in the corner and buy a Fender American Strat. I also want a Fender amp, they're really nice to my ears... awsome clean tones.

Again, try playing anything that sounds more like Hard Rock or Metal through a Fender Amp. Sucks donkey balls. [/fact]
Quote by CoreysMonster
Because all the old farts that only play blues on a Fender through a Fender Twin using only a tubescreamer (but only since SRV did) say that "Fender is THE BEST GUITAR 11!!1one! You must buy a Fender stratocaster, every great guitar player had a Fender stratocaster!"
Me: "But they look like pussy"
Teacher: "Every guitarist played one!"
Me: "What did Jimmy Page play?"
Teacher: "Well, a Les Paul, actually, BUT RITCHIE BLACKMORE IS BETTER THAN HIM ANYWAY CUZ HE PLAY'S A STRAT!"

end actual conversation.

Umm actually Jimmy Page used a strat on Physical Graffiti, Houses Of the Holy, Led Zeppelin IV, Presence, and In Through The Door along w/ his Les Paul and a Danelectro
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
Umm actually Jimmy Page used a strat on Physical Graffiti, Houses Of the Holy, Led Zeppelin IV, Presence, and In Through The Door along w/ his Les Paul and a Danelectro

Nah, it was a Telecaster. I knew that, but obviously my teacher didn't. n00b.
EDIT: He played the Stairway to Heaven solo on a Tele.

Quote by moup
Not to me it doesn't... again. It's opinions.

touche. you win
A Fender has just never rattled my balls the way an Orange has.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Nah, it was a Telecaster. I knew that, but obviously my teacher didn't. n00b.

http://www.mikesguitarsite.co.uk/gear/led_zeppelin/
Educate youself NOOB. He used strats.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by Duff_McGee
Yes, but you honestly aren't gonna try to play a deicide song with a strat are you?

Nah, if i want to play any metal songs, i use the RG350. The point im making is there is a vast amount of different types of music that can be played using a strat type configuration (SSS, HSS etc). But because metal generally isn't one of them, they're snubbed by metal elitests, which is unfair and displays a great deal of ignorance.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
Quote by CoreysMonster
Again, try playing anything that sounds more like Hard Rock or Metal through a Fender Amp. Sucks donkey balls. [/fact]

well it doesnt matter cause metal sucks. [/fact]

strats are the best (for me at least)... ive got a les paul and i love my friends strat so much more. it just feels like the guitar.
Page 1 of 3