Washburn BT-2
Marshall MG100HDFX
Crybaby
Digitech Hendrix Pedal (Multi-Effects)
Blues Driver
Tube Screamer TS-9
M-Audio Jam Lab
Digitech GNX4 Guitar workstation
Dude, why don't you just put your beats on putfile or a similar site so we can hear your beats without d/ling first?

****! YOU USED THE SAME BLOODY SAMPLES AS ME!

Raaa! Not that I'm blaming you or anything, but it's kinda annoying...

Well overall it sounds decent, but all you really did was take the tabla, put a flanger etc on the sitar, loop em together and add a clap... nothing wrong with that, but it's not much to go on.

Keep me posted on how this progresses.

EDIT: ah yes C4C. I have two new beats up, would you mind taking a look? They're both unfinished btw.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505101
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Last edited by raise_the_dead at Jan 15, 2007,
Quote by raise_the_dead
Dude, why don't you just put your beats on putfile or a similar site so we can hear your beats without d/ling first?

****! YOU USED THE SAME BLOODY SAMPLES AS ME!

Raaa! Not that I'm blaming you or anything, but it's kinda annoying...

Well overall it sounds decent, but all you really did was take the tabla, put a flanger etc on the sitar, loop em together and add a clap... nothing wrong with that, but it's not much to go on.

Keep me posted on how this progresses.

EDIT: ah yes C4C. I have two new beats up, would you mind taking a look? They're both unfinished btw.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505101

Lol, I actually shifted the sitar's pitch down 2 steps, added delay, reverb and a phaser.
In addition to the claps, I also added a kick (and quite a prominant, bouncy one) as well as an 808 extended kick, all of which I processed and strings on the bottom.

The glory of this beat is the production, because production, not writing, is my thing. I processed the sitar so that it would be in the same key of the tabla, and I added the other effects so it would barely sound like a "normal" sitar anymore. I added the kick-808-clap to reinforce the table, so as to make it heavier and the strings to reinforce the sitar to make the mix "thicker". Also, put a pair of headphones on and notice how I placed everything to make it sound wider.

And yeah, about the samples, I hope in the true spirit of hip-hop, you can put that aside and appriciate that, while we both used the same elements, we used them differently, so its cool. And yeah, I'll check yo shit, nigga.
Oh as I said, I'm not blaming you at all, it's just a bit, uh, weird, that you used the same samples as me. But hey, those samples are up for grabs up there, it's not like you plundered my song to get them or whatever.

Yes, the production is pretty darn sweet. I use headphones all the time, and I didn't really notice the kick until now. The strings are also pretty cool, and yes, the way you handled the sitar was kickass.

But I dunno, so far it strikes me as more of an ambient, chillout track than hiphop. But heh, this is only 48 seconds of the beat, I'm sure you got more coming up.

All round, this is pretty good. How would you feel about a collaboration?

Oh, and thanks for the crits
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Oh as I said, I'm not blaming you at all, it's just a bit, uh, weird, that you used the same samples as me. But hey, those samples are up for grabs up there, it's not like you plundered my song to get them or whatever.

Yes, the production is pretty darn sweet. I use headphones all the time, and I didn't really notice the kick until now. The strings are also pretty cool, and yes, the way you handled the sitar was kickass.

But I dunno, so far it strikes me as more of an ambient, chillout track than hiphop. But heh, this is only 48 seconds of the beat, I'm sure you got more coming up.

All round, this is pretty good. How would you feel about a collaboration?

Oh, and thanks for the crits

Yeah, if I did more, I'd probably program my sampler and add all sorts of hits to make it interesting and shit, maybe do some more mixing, but this would be what I would send an MC, so whatever. Anyways, a collab would rock, but I wanna wait till I get my own MIDI controller (I despise piano rolls) and then would could get together on something.
That was pretty good, but i can't really hear rapping over this beat. THat's just my opinion.
You should have someone record some Egyptian sounding acoustic guitar over that.. I think it would sound really nice if pulled off properly.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Vanquish
You should have someone record some Egyptian sounding acoustic guitar over that.. I think it would sound really nice if pulled off properly.

Hha, yeah, I'm working on writing a Middle Eastern sounding guitar instrumental, maybe I could put the two pieces in the blender... I dunno.
Cool stuff. Is it okay if I solo (wank) over it?
Nice.
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
Quote by pavan
Cool stuff. Is it okay if I solo (wank) over it?
Nice.

Its fine, I wank over another guy I work with's stuff all the time.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Its fine, I wank over another guy I work with's stuff all the time.

I'd SOOO sig that.

Sorry for the off-topicness. Have you worked on it in the meantime?