i'm getting a new LTD M-400 in about 2 days (hopefully) and its got floyd rose on it , and i was reading some stuff and alot of people hate it , i know about how hard it is to restring and all and i'm fine with that but some people say that you cant change your low E to D easily , and i do that alot, i just wanna know is it actually hard to tune the low E String to D or it that person just unco??? thankyou
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Nah. Takes about 2 times as long as normal. Which isnt long. Just keep the allen key with your guitar shite.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
It takes some getting used to but as soon as you get the hang of it, it's easy enough. 10-15 minutes to change strings, maybe a little more.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
OK seeing as this is my first floyd rose , i think you just turn the knobs on the bridge bit?? but you need to do something else with an allen key??
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
well the fine tuners on teh brige wont drop a string a full step.... you have to take the lock of the nut to down tun your guitar.... but the thing is it is a floating bridge... so when you down tune one string it is going to pull all your other strings sharp, and you dont want that...... you can get thing that set the bridge.
D -> E, reset the whole system = retune everything back = adjusting the springs = time
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic