I have played guitar for 2 years and recently got my hands on a bass and have a few questions.

This is a difficult question to word, but like stairway to heaven for guitar, what song on bass is one that all bass players should know?

Also, what is a reasonably hard song that isn't repetitive but isn't a slap song?
Crazy Train

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
ALL bassists should know Play That Funky Music, Another One Bites Dust, and Are You Gonna Be My Girl.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
Good Times by Chic
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Dude, I'm a bassist and I've never even heard that song.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
What is the reason behind the two inputs on my bass amp? one says high and the other low.
Quote by Privilege
What is the reason behind the two inputs on my bass amp? one says high and the other low.

Answered your own question much?
Active and passive pickups, I believe.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by sinan90
Good Times by Chic

Awesome bassline. And I bet everyone here knows it. Sugarhill Gang sampled it.

Can anyone give a definite answer?

Yes. If you have active pickups/active EQ on your bass, use the high. If you have passive pickups and no EQ, just a tone knob/knobs on your bass, use low.

Active basses need 9v batteries to power the EQ, so if yours doesn't have a battery compartment, chances are it's passive and belongs in the low input.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
The Chain's Bass solo.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Schism by Tool, Ina Gadda da Vida by Iron butterfly, NIB by Black Sabbath, Dazed and Confused by Led Zeppelin, Play that Funky music by whoever the **** made it, and Seven Nation Army(?) by The White Stripes.

I think thats a good list.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
Dani-California

anyway i also jus plug my bass in the high socket to piss my mates off, it makes it much louder use the socket with presence turned way up high
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join