Basically, put it in 4/4 time, because that's definitely not 6/8 time; that's all I can say.
when i had it in 4/4 time, the notes wouldnt fit in thr bar. if you have used GP you know that when the bar exceeds its goes red. well that happens.
Remove the dots, and put it in 2/4 time, that should solve the problem and leave it simpler.
ok thanks. What did u think of the song btw
My Rig:
Guitars:
BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge SE w/ EMG 81/85
Custom Strat
Ashton Acoustic Electric
Amps
Peavey Studio Pro 112
Laney Hardcore mXd 30
Pedals
Digitech Grunge Distortion

Pyromaniac of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club.
Removing all the dots, just screwed up all the timing and made the song sound like crap. Whats wrong with havin it in 6/8 anywayz
My Rig:
Guitars:
Custom Strat
Ashton Acoustic Electric
Amps
Peavey Studio Pro 112
Laney Hardcore mXd 30
Pedals

It makes no sense using dotted notes as a basis. If you want to make the notes sound longer then use a lower beat-per-minute rythem.
Well since everyone is harping on about the timing etc, I think i will actually give my CRIT instead.

Very nice main riff/intro. Will go well with lyrics or a spoken type verse. Sounds a lil machine head-ish ("Burn My Eyes" Machine head)

Bar 10-16 sounds like it could be a simple chorus. Not sure if that's what that is. But 18 to 20, is just ...I don't know...doesnt go or sound good enough. Think you should scrap that. Well thats my opinion.

But you should definatly expand upon the song, maybe have a mid tempto change into something thrashy or whatever. But ye. Interesting.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Heavy song with a cool intro. but you use the same progression through the whole thing which makes it boring. Make some new riffs.

EDIT: yeah and put it in 4/4 or 2/4, remove the dots and slow down the tempo.
It will sound the same, just look better and more readeble.
Last edited by psychotim at Jan 16, 2007,
I dont see the problem with the timing, it sounds fine.

The riffs are pretty cool - the first time around.

In other words, it gets boring, fast. Change it up a bit, put some leads, some drum fills. Make some in between riffs, you know a transitory type thing.

crit mine please?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504489
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

I agree, some lead/drum fills would make it more interesting, and bars 18-21 did sound a bit out of place. But good riffs, especially the first one, but i think repeating it six times is a bit much, maybe four, but it is a great riff. And you must have a crazy slap bassist if he can play the first bar and the slap bass effect does give the song some texture and fills the gaps during the sustained notes. So good work and hope you finish it soon, i would like to hear the full thing when it's finished.
and thanks for critting mine
Quote by buckethead_jr
I agree, some lead/drum fills would make it more interesting, and bars 18-21 did sound a bit out of place. But good riffs, especially the first one, but i think repeating it six times is a bit much, maybe four, but it is a great riff. And you must have a crazy slap bassist if he can play the first bar and the slap bass effect does give the song some texture and fills the gaps during the sustained notes. So good work and hope you finish it soon, i would like to hear the full thing when it's finished.
and thanks for critting mine

Basically what he and the guy before him said. I didn't like the slap bass tho, but that's probably just me. it did have great riffs but got boring fast.
Hey guys, thanks for the help and all ur crits. I hope to improve the song and post it for u all to hear.
My Rig:
Guitars:
Custom Strat
Ashton Acoustic Electric
Amps
Peavey Studio Pro 112
Laney Hardcore mXd 30
Pedals

I would say you need a few more riffs to keep it from being so repetitive. Also, the drums could be a bit more interesting. I do agree with those that said it would be interesting to hear this with vocals. I think that would make it 100% better.

btw would you please give me some input:

Work in Progress

thanks in advance.
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Jan 18, 2007,