Page 1 of 2
and the bridge is different

MCR's is a Gibson Les Paul with a few mods (i think)
where as the other one is more of a jazz guitar however they both have solid bodies
the one in the wikipedia page is epiphone...if u dont believe me look at the pic and it says on the headstock, maybee thats why they sound so lame.
Quote by thunderbox
looks like it.. he probs jsut adjusts them both wiht the volume knobs, mixing the sounds of both pickups

Yeah I think they are called blend switches. Similar to push pull except, as the names suggest, blends the tone when you want to coil tap. Get some really nice tones. MCR Suck btw.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Of course it looks like an Agile, the Agile was based on it.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
who are mcr? look like emo fags to me...

hey how many emo's does it take to change a lightbulb? none, they just sit in the dark and cry

hahahahahaha
Quote by irishman
who are mcr? look like emo fags to me...

hey how many emo's does it take to change a lightbulb? none, they just sit in the dark and cry

hahahahahaha

My chemical romance = MCR

and the agile has a bigsby bridge
it's a les paul custom , from what i know about MCR i believe it's from the epi elitist series or a regular epi
Epi elitist, look at the headstock, and it looks like the toggle switch is removed.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
I'm looking at several epiphone Les Pauls in a magazine, and Frank's guitar looks like a plain ol' les paul. No custom anything. Which would explain their lousy sound.

He should at least go with a gibson.
they arent really close dude.. But yeah Agile are copies of les Paul of course they will look alike!
HAHA.

Quote by Wikipedia

My Chemical Romance

He currently is the rhythm guitarist for My Chemical Romance, and is the youngest member of the band. He was recruited after the band decided they needed another guitarist (in addition to Ray Toro) to fill out the sound. At the time when he joined My Chemical Romance, he had dreadlocks. Frank plays an Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom guitar with an Alpine White finish, among others. Most of his guitars have names written on them, such as 'Sinatra', 'New', 'Jersey', 'Texas', 'Bela' and 'Pansy', but, unfortunately, Pansy was broken when a MTV guitar tech broke it.

It's an elitist les paul custom, by the name of Pansy.

An mtv guitar tech broke it. Lolzzz.
Quote by xAbre120
I usally dont like my chemical romance but after hearing them seeing them perform live on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVOv1kIpa-U&feature=RecentlyWatched&page=1&t=t&f=b

I really like that AGILE guitar (not just becuz it looks like the one in MCR), but someone mentioned its more of a Jazz guitar? I play music similar to MCR...... so im not sure a Jazz guitar will do.

Lmao. When he goes all "..NAHNO. There's nothing I can sayyy..To change that part..To change that part..To chaaaaaaange"

He looks like he's gonna break down crying.
Quote by Ishiga
HAHA.

It's an elitist les paul custom, by the name of Pansy.

An mtv guitar tech broke it. Lolzzz.

Epi Les Pauls arent very expensive though.........
Quote by Ishiga
I'm looking at several epiphone Les Pauls in a magazine, and Frank's guitar looks like a plain ol' les paul. No custom anything. Which would explain their lousy sound.

He should at least go with a gibson.

http://www.epiphone.com/elitist/custom.htm
the model is called a les paul custom ;p it's based on the gibson les paul custom
Quote by Ishiga
Lmao. When he goes all "..NAHNO. There's nothing I can sayyy..To change that part..To change that part..To chaaaaaaange"

He looks like he's gonna break down crying.

HAHAH! typical of emo's to cry during gigs. But it looks like he's improved his singing since he performed "helena" live. Man, that was a disaster....... but he did better in his new song.
Quote by soldar
http://www.epiphone.com/elitist/custom.htm
the model is called a les paul custom ;p it's based on the gibson les paul custom

My uncle had a Gibson Les Paul. First electric guitar I'd ever played :] I loved that guitar. It was flipping sweet. xD

But yeah. The fretboard on the custom in this magazine looks different from frank's. So I figured it was a standard, never heard of this elitist series but apparently that's exactly what he plays.
Quote by xAbre120
HAHAH! typical of emo's to cry during gigs. But it looks like he's improved his singing since he performed "helena" live. Man, that was a disaster....... but he did better in his new song.

He has improved, but he still can't write songs for shit. My god. He's worse than Davey Havvok. At least his message is clear, he wants to kill himself. (I'm not complaining, either.)
Quote by Ishiga
My uncle had a Gibson Les Paul. First electric guitar I'd ever played :] I loved that guitar. It was flipping sweet. xD

But yeah. The fretboard on the custom in this magazine looks different from frank's. So I figured it was a standard, never heard of this elitist series but apparently that's exactly what he plays.

the gibsons have ebony fretboard that is black(which is much prettier imo) instead of the rosewood brown in the epi.
also the elitist les paul custom is 1100$ so it ain't exactly a cheap one ^^ but they're supposed to be good(made in japan , with much better materials and specs and US humbuckers, real 24k gold plated covers too :P)
http://www.vintageguitarsaustralia.com/lpc.jpg there's a real gibson les paul custom with bigsby ^^
Last edited by soldar at Jan 15, 2007,
Quote by thunderbox

where as the other one is more of a jazz guitar however they both have solid bodies

MCR play Epiphone Elitists. Good guitars.

The Agile has got a bigsby style trem, it's a bit different. Now, some questions:

Do you need to make a thread to ask if two guitars look like each other? If you were asking for technic things, I'd understand. But you're asking us to look at them - can't you do it by yourself?

Are you buying guitars just to look like the guy from MCR?

Why on Earth do you always write Agile in capitals?
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
check out wut some reviewers say

The workmanship is impeccable and the electronics are top shelf. Don't waste your money on a Gibson if you are still able to buy one of these.
Quote by thunderbox

Epi's, they've apparently got an endorsment.

Anyway, I don't know why you'd want to be connected with such a shitty band, and buy a guitar JUST because they have one.
Dickless.
Quote by andyscoot
the one in the wikipedia page is epiphone...if u dont believe me look at the pic and it says on the headstock, maybee thats why they sound so lame.

Its quite obvious from that posted pic its an Epi, the way it says Epiphone on the headstock and the way the tuners are metallic not the gibson creamy ones.

Plus why are you implying Epiphones are crap? the high end ones are better than some Gibsons.

Cheers.
I agree, high end Epi's can be compared to gibson les pauls.

Its not just because MCR uses the guitar, I really liike the overall style of it as well. But I obviously cant afford the EPi he plays on so im thinking on getting the AGILE. But is that agile really a Jazz guitar?
http://www.rondomusic.net/product771.html
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Does that MCR one have the pickup switch removed??

And flared it up his nostril, that's what he did...
Quote by xAbre120
im thinking on getting the AGILE. But is that agile really a Jazz guitar?
http://www.rondomusic.net/product771.html

Erm...get something from a local guitar store so you can try it. get the tone you want. Look does not make tone. Amps make more of the sound than the guitars do.

Just so you know.

Guttermouth dropped out of a tour with them, thre rumor is that it was because Guttermouth thought MCR were more worried about how they looked than the music.

Im not saying vanity is wrong, but I think sound is more important in this case.
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
Quote by thunderbox

feel free to explain how the Agile is more jazz...its a replica of the les paul. rosewood fingerboard/maple neck, mahogany body, 3-way switch???
Frank Iero's actually been known to use an Epi LP, so maybe you should take a look at those as well.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
its an epiphone ELITIST custom, look at the headstock, its not a regualr epiphone, and its not a gibson. They are great guitars.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Quote by Good Riddance
Erm...get something from a local guitar store so you can try it. get the tone you want. Look does not make tone. Amps make more of the sound than the guitars do.

Just so you know.

Guttermouth dropped out of a tour with them, thre rumor is that it was because Guttermouth thought MCR were more worried about how they looked than the music.

Im not saying vanity is wrong, but I think sound is more important in this case.

Hmmm so the sound typically depends on what amp your using, not your guitar?
Quote by TUMFP
feel free to explain how the Agile is more jazz...its a replica of the les paul. rosewood fingerboard/maple neck, mahogany body, 3-way switch???

I to would like to know how its more for Jazz. Looks very similiar to LP's.
Quote by xAbre120
im thinking on getting the AGILE. But is that agile really a Jazz guitar?

I don't know where someone got that "jazz guitar" nonsense from, but it's completely bogus. I guess people think that any Bigsby-like trem will make a guitar "jazz". It's a lie.
Quote by xAbre120
The white verison of that looks exactly the same as the AGILE, except for a few minor details

If by "minor details" you mean most other details than the color, then yes. Differences include, but are not limited to, nice bindings, different inlays, golden hardware, stop tailpiece, etc. Plus, the Agile (not AGILE) headstock looks like the outline of a puddle of wee.
frank is really passionate about naming his guitars. before I continue let me say: I HATE MCR. moving on, frank and I talk a lot, and he helps me come up with names for my guitars. They're also started using Gibsons, and telling kids to buy Ibanez, but Epi gets mad at them and threatens them so yeah. Endorsements suck.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Page 1 of 2