Page 1 of 9
I started listening to them awhile ago, and i really dig their sound.

I suppose some would call them emo, but im afraid theyd be wrong. Theyd fall more into a screamo/hardcore genre. With technical basslines and technical guitar solos, it just doesnt fit into many genres at all.

Any other fans out there?
they're nothing original which makes them pretty boring.

they're a band that all the kids'll latch on to. in the same way as from first to last.

they're on the same label? hmmm.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Well i wouldnt say they arent original, cause thats just not true.

And yeh, a couple of songs are the songs that everyone likes, such as Situations (they are good songs though, but they have better).

And they can diversify from softcore songs like not good enough for truth in cliche, to hardcore mosh songs like the guillotine.

I suggest you listen to more of their stuff.
i've listened to plenty thanks.

to say they're original is like saying pete wentz isn't an arrogant twat.

but if you like them then fair enough, but i don't think many people round here will share that view. but i may be wrong...
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
Technical bass lines and guitar solos? no. They're catchy, not something I would listen to.
i loved the cd when it first came out... but then it quickly grew old... and i moved on to other things.... but i'm still gonna see them next month anyways.
LOL @ this band.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
i like this band. their music is catchy

the bass lines in there's no sympathy for the dead is pretty shweet.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Ewww. Hell no.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

utter wank. ive listened to quite a bit, because a mte recommended them to me, so i got hold of some stuff and gave it a proper chance but all the way through i was thinking 'ive heard this all before...'
Escape The Fate is awesome. I love their cd. My Favorite song would have to be My Apocalypse. They have great screaming and catchy guitar riffs, although they aren't that original, they are still great.
Escape The Fate is a great band.

true story my friend got his ass signed by Ronnie when we saw them in concert.

you guys think im lying

but how can i make this up?
Quote by Joshrocker48
Escape The Fate is a great band.

true story my friend got his ass signed by Ronnie when we saw them in concert.

you guys think im lying

but how can i make this up?

by posting that.

but yeah, their not original, but they are good. If they had done this a few years earlier they would be more popular.
yeh i agree, they really arent that original. But i think they are a lot more talented than other bands out there like Thrice, From First To Last, etc.
They are of a much higher standard then the other bands around today in my opinion.

PLUS Omar and Bryan can really play the guitar ;D
you did not just say that escape the fate are more talented than thrice?!

thrice are one of the most talented bands of recent times, whether you like their music or not.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
i started listenin to them a week ago and the only song i like so far is reverse the curse but i'm sure i can find mroe songs i will like
If I was a rock star, they would notice me.
And they would want my autograph
I'll have a video on MTV
And I'll be signed on epitaph

I'm just another face in the crowd
I'm not gonna let it bring me down because
I know someday I'll break away
[quote="'[FrozEn"]']yeh i agree, they really arent that original. [U]But i think they are a lot more talented than other bands out there like Thrice, From First To Last, etc.
They are of a much higher standard then the other bands around today in my opinion.

Whaaaaaaaaa?
I like their music, but the lyrics are hilariously bad.
Quote by Cal UK
Alk hit the nail on the head there.
[quote="'[FrozEn"]']i think they are a lot more talented than other bands out there like Thrice That's your opinion, but I honestly don't see how you could come to that conclusion.
I like them a little, their songs are ridiculously catchy and their guitar work is better than the typical screamo-ish band. But the whole way they present themselves and try to look stereotypically emo just turns me off from them.

My best friend is a pretty big fan though.
they're ridiculously catchy, the bass and guitarwork is tight, though not as good as other bands. IMO theyre good, probably the next hawthorne heights. they should tone down their image though
I am quite a fan of them and I wont diss any other bands but I reckon they dont sound as similar to the typical emo copycat bands out there. Only problem is that you have to try your best not to judge them by image cos their image kind of ruins everything. The whole try to look rock, emo whatever you call it...such a turn off.

Anyway If you have not hear 'theres no sympathy for the dead' you should because the solo in there fits the song pretty well and its pretty good. Best song I say!
I do find "There's No Sympathy For The Dead" to be catchy at times....but thats it.

And in no way, NO WAY, are they more talented than Thrice. Come on now.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
Yea, There's No Sympathy For The Dead is a great song. That and My Apocalypse are my favorite.
the song "Not Good Enough...." is very, very catchy...... I only wonder why a lot of people compare them to From First To Last. ETF doesn't even sound like the old FFTL..... maybe its because they're signed to the same label.
Quote by frodoisdead
they're nothing original which makes them pretty boring.

they're a band that all the kids'll latch on to. in the same way as from first to last.

they're on the same label? hmmm.

uhhmmm... actually fftl signed with a new label AGES ago. but until they put out their first cd with the new label epitaph still has the rights to them. if you're gonna argue at least get your facts straight n00b

and i love etf by the way ever since i saw them on the epitaph website when their demo came out. ive seen them twice in concert and they kick major ass. maybe they overdo their whole look a little bit but whatever. they have

1) good singing
2) good screams
3) good growls
4) realllllly catchy songs
5) great guitar work

ive been meaning to make a thread about them since like last august i just never got around to it
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
Last edited by 2lazy2getbetter at Feb 8, 2007,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They are very generic. As I said before, they have one song that is catchy. The rest kind of bore me also...and Ive listened to both the EP and LP.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
The guys singing voice is annoying.
AND THEIR DRUMMER TOTALLY LOOKS LIKE SLASH! (when he's wearing his sunglasses)
i caught some of their set at warped tour last year. i didn't think they were anything special. my friend's in love with em though.
Go Veg.
[quote="'[FrozEn"]']yeh i agree, they really arent that original. But i think they are a lot more talented than other bands out there like Thrice, From First To Last, etc.

Please. Thrice is a lot more experienced and musically better than ETF. You can't even compare them really, they're totally different genres.

I like ETF, but whenever i play their songs on my iPod I usually skip to There's No Sympathy For The Dead, Dragging Dead Bodies In Blue Bags Up Really Long Hills, or the solo for My Apocalypse.
They kinda jumped late on the whole trendy emo scene band train. Their look is WAY overdone and they try to add like an 80's rock appeal because aparently thats 'cool' to do now, but I haven't heard the slightest HINT of that sound in their music. Everything is typical and done before, and the singer uses auto tuners (pitch fixers if you aren't farmiliar) on their record.
Quote by 2lazy2getbetter
uhhmmm... actually fftl signed with a new label AGES ago. but until they put out their first cd with the new label epitaph still has the rights to them. if you're gonna argue at least get your facts straight n00b

He didn't even make an argument provocative statement, he simply wondered why people compare them, jeez, hostile aren't we.

...Anyway
There's no such thing as a great band in my opinion. Infact, the whole music thing, quite based on opinion. No one can say, 'this band sucks' because someone else would like it.
Its opinion, everything, its opinion.
I guess there's nothing I can do about it, but I seriously hate you ****s who just jump to conclusions so fast...its ridiculous...I'm and ETF fan, I'm not arguing on the basis of their originally it or whatnot... But what band is original today? Not that many...You're not pointing out anything anyone doesn't know...
Perfect example of a image over music band.

****e.
Quote by Avopeac

Three Days Grace="I HATE MUH PARENTZ" rock.
Cannibal Corpse="I ATE MUH PARENTZ" rock

Quote by Darc
He didn't even make an argument provocative statement, he simply wondered why people compare them, jeez, hostile aren't we.

...Anyway
There's no such thing as a great band in my opinion. Infact, the whole music thing, quite based on opinion. No one can say, 'this band sucks' because someone else would like it.
Its opinion, everything, its opinion.
I guess there's nothing I can do about it, but I seriously hate you ****s who just jump to conclusions so fast...its ridiculous...I'm and ETF fan, I'm not arguing on the basis of their originally it or whatnot... But what band is original today? Not that many...You're not pointing out anything anyone doesn't know...

I think possibly what we are all saying is that in a genre that already gets enough criticism for being cliche and unoriginal they could try a little harder not to be so obvious and upfront about it.

I leave a question for any escape the fate fan out there. What separates this band enough from the rest of the pack thats note worthy?
I went to their myspace and the first thing you see is their picture...i nearly closed the browser then...i wish i had
Ok first of all ETF is WAY better then Thrice. They may not be that original but are more talented. Secondly if you think Thrice is original then your horribly mistaken. No muis is as original as it appears. The same themes and styles have been used countless times. So no modern band unless they suddenlt start a whole new genre is original.