Even though my bass supposedly has two humbucking pickups I get a strange buzzing noise when I use the neck pickup. What's even weirder is that if I turn the TV on in my room it seems to amplify this buzzing sound. I've tried other basses on my amp so I know it's not that.

Might this just be dodgy or loose wiring or is it more likely that my bass just has some really sh!t stock pickups? The only spec on them I have is that they are Kramer humbuckers
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Just electronic interference, some basses/guitars are more prone to it than others, depends on the wiring and sheilding within the wiring and pickup cavities.
I thought that might be the case but wasn't sure since none of my guitars do it, just my bass. I might nick some RFI shielding paint from work and see if it makes a difference
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Yeah, it's almost certainly interference. Most likely your neck pickup was wired slighty wrong, and isn't completely humbucking. Try the shielding paint though, if it's just a poor wiring/shielding job then that should do the trick/

:snyper:
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.