Page 1 of 2
Dragonforce Clip 1

Dragonforce Clip 2

The best I've ever seen them play, makes me have second thoughts on their playing. Mabye they saw they were gettin so much shit from ppl from their 'Betcha Can't Play this " vids etc, they realized they needed to take things a bit more seriusly?
It's about time.
In the studio they're always drunk so they have to use a BPM Excellerator.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
But remember, its all studio clips(as in, it was filmed under controlled conditions), who knows how many takes it took on the first one... no guarantees in anything.
Dear sweet Lord that band is terrible.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
They can play their studio solos, it may take a lot of takes, but they can obviously do them.

Plus, i've seen them live, and they weren't all that bad. Some of their TV appearances seemed sloppy (Metal Hammer Awards, which blew otherwise anyway). But when I saw them they seemed play all their stuff pretty well.

I don't get all the hate, I mean, I can understand the hate directed at Trivium and A7X, cause they're shitty half-metal. But Dragonforce, other than some sloppy occasions I don't see the problem. If people aren't big on 'em, fair dos, not everyone likes Power Metal, but to shit on them at the same level as the aforementioned bands? Nah, I don't get that.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve

I don't get all the hate, I mean, I can understand the hate directed at Trivium and A7X, cause they're shitty half-metal. But Dragonforce, other than some sloppy occasions I don't see the problem. If people aren't big on 'em, fair dos, not everyone likes Power Metal, but to shit on them at the same level as the aforementioned bands? Nah, I don't get that.

Because they're poplular! Duh, and this forum has a phobia of anything remotely popular (death core rofl)

I recall when Valley Of The Damned was first released and everyone absolutely bummed off Dragonforce on these forums, and now they're still making virtually identical music but are hated just because they're gaining popularity amongst the fringed masses.

My two cents

Dragonforce are still one of my favourite power metal bands and are still one of the best live shows around
Whos the chick on the left?

Seriously though, I hate when people call Dragonforce a bad band that can't play their solos. It's obvious they can, and people just need to fuck off.
Quote by JeffReigns
But remember, its all studio clips(as in, it was filmed under controlled conditions), who knows how many takes it took on the first one... no guarantees in anything.

like the betcha cant play this take right?

but yeh i agree with u, nevertheless, those vids surprised me.
I would have exited that video the moment I opened it if it weren't for Herman saying "Welcome to young guitar dvd" XD
††††††††††††††††††††

Quote by Chevylegend454
Ddarkgod667 Your my hero
for today at least

Quote by Home_EG
I don't get it...

Dave Mustaine?

Is that the guy who wasn't good enough for Metallica?

If you like Nu-metal... check these guy's myspace out
Quote by Dyer's Eve
I can understand the hate directed at Trivium and A7X, cause they're shitty half-metal.

WTF u kunt! okay a7x arent even metal they're just a bunch of emos who need to spend more time trying to play their instruments rather than putting on eye liner and trivium are fairly good, only the new album is all samey sounding the only remotely different sounding song is "the crusade". thats not bad though cos the sound they have is excellent so dont u dis trivium cos they'll kick ur ass on guitar any day.
gear:
Gibson Sg special faded
esp/ltd v-250
some dodgy russian acoustic (accord or something)
marshall valvestate 8080 w/foot switch
marshall mg 10cd
boss ds-2
behringer eq700
morley bad horsie 2
Quote by ledcaveman
WTF u kunt! okay a7x arent even metal they're just a bunch of emos who need to spend more time trying to play their instruments rather than putting on eye liner and trivium are fairly good, only the new album is all samey sounding the only remotely different sounding song is "the crusade". thats not bad though cos the sound they have is excellent so dont u dis trivium cos they'll kick ur ass on guitar any day.

It's a much more legitimate argument when you misspell every 2nd word in the sentence...
††††††††††††††††††††

Quote by Chevylegend454
Ddarkgod667 Your my hero
for today at least

Quote by Home_EG
I don't get it...

Dave Mustaine?

The Through the fire and the flames solo has sort of became the new Eruption. I love seeing youtube of people playing it or trying to. Not that I could ever do it.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Quote by ledcaveman

Dude, Shut up. Synyster And Zacky Could Own Matt and Corey. Speed isn't everything. Avenged don't say they're metal.
M Shadows: "Yeah we're all HUGE metalheads, but out here in order to succeed we get so much punk rock shoved down out throats so our genre is basically Hard rock. with a tint of metal every now and then."
Yes, Avenged are Sellouts but so are metallica.
And if you have a problem with makeup, you're one shallow human being.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
^^^They played that at a Rock club night once, we all got up and did drunken air-guitar to it.

Good Times.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Sam's the man. The American's probably don't get his humour and think he's a f*cking arrogant c*nt but I likes his attitude. Thats British humour right there.

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
^Yeah, I met him after the show I went to, funny guy. Another guy with good British humor is Dani Filth, I know everyone here seems to despise him but I thought he was quite entertaining when CoF did their Download set.

Herman on the other hand, is somewhat more withdrawn though. He's still an OK guy but he isn't as talkative as Sam.
LAMMERGEIER
Quote by ledcaveman

Tip: go back to school. Learn how to spell. And realise that you have less talent than a thread of Zacky Vengence's underwear..
Also.
Dont come into threads about a band, then go on about two completly different bands.
Thank you.

Right. On topic.
I think it's great that Dragonforce are sobering up.
I don't exactly like them, but I can stand them, and through that I've learnt that they ARE good players, and have the skills, but I think they show off too much, and have set their standard too high. Which leads to all this flaming over their messups.
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
Thing is, how can you pull off something that technical while drunk. It would be nigh on impossible. I think all the people bashing them have seen that video were one of the guitar players forgets the part he's playing. I don't really like power metal on the whole but Dragonforce aren't that bad.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
and now they're still making virtually identical music

The reason why I don't like them.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I have never doubted the technical abilities of Dragonforce. I think people can only really bash the style of the music, because playing wise, there is no way around it, Dragonforce know their instruments.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Meh, I only like a few of their songs.

Valley of the Damned ftw!
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Those videos are much better than previous ones.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Quote by unfathomable_bo

Dragonforce > most things

no. I don't mind their studio guitar stuff, regardless of it being fake or not, but the band as a whole is terrible. Some of the worst PM vocals I've ever heard.
Quote by Dyer's Eve

I like power metal but I dont get all the fuss over Dragonforce. They are not half as good as people make out and even in their dvd they can even play teh pentatonic scale without ****ing it up and having to do it several times over.
I just wonder how many takes it took them to get those clips right! Plus they were out of time on several occasions from each other albeit it was still the best I have seen them play!
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Personally, I'll stick to my guns. I think they suck. It's not just the fact that most of the live videos are terrible, I just think they're boring to listen to. Most of their songs sound the same and I just don't like their general sound at all. Then again, I only really like like, 3-4 power metal bands that I've heard lol. I still think DF is worse than the rest though, I just don't like them.
Wow, having your own opinion really gets you nowhere on these boards LOL

ps: We gave you Carcass you ungrateful sods

EDIT: what the hell was wrong with that vid? lol

ZP's voice was a bit weak at the start and there were a few minor feck ups but there was nothing majorly bad

They're still tighter than Opeth LOL
Quote by garden of grey
Dude, most things must really suck in the UK then

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oii1EF7DnFM

Oh Jesus did you see the rhythm player lose his balance and nearly fall down after he jumped up in the air at around 45 seconds?
††††††††††††††††††††

Quote by Chevylegend454
Ddarkgod667 Your my hero
for today at least

Quote by Home_EG
I don't get it...

Dave Mustaine?

Page 1 of 2