Page 1 of 2
click here

I honestly don't know the song wonderwall and if it is similar to Boulevard of Broken Dreams, but Oasis has been ''ripping off'' Beatles songs since they first came up, so they have to be the biggest hippocrites to do what they're doing.
It is similar, but I don't think it's a rip-off. A lot of songs have the same chord structures, I think Noel is just looking for some fresh publicity.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
It doesn't say he's sueing them. And I can't really hear that much of a similarity between the two songs.
Its funny because oasis probly hasnt written one hit song thats original lol, they kinda steal off everyone. I lol'd when he said at least wait till im dead when not all the beatles are dead.
Quote by Geez
It doesn't say he's sueing them. And I can't really hear that much of a similarity between the two songs.

Yes, in the link it doesn't say anything about a sue, but in the place i heard it first they were talking about a 5 million dollar sue.
So i'm really not sure
Noel Gallagher isn't too rich so in a court case he will probably lose against Greenday anyway. Since they are bloody loaded due to their 'success' a few years ago.
Its all about the money really.

But honestly, I reckon Noel is doing it for the attention.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
What a bellshiner
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Demonbreed
Noel Gallagher isn't too rich so in a court case he will probably lose against Greenday anyway. Since they are bloody loaded due to their 'success' a few years ago.
Its all about the money really.

But honestly, I reckon Noel is doing it for the attention.

From the article:

OASIS rocker NOEL GALLAGHER accidentally let slip how much money he has banked in a recent interview - GBP14 million ($27.3 million)

He's not poor
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
From the article:

OASIS rocker NOEL GALLAGHER accidentally let slip how much money he has banked in a recent interview - GBP14 million ($27.3 million)

He's not poor

Yeah, but because Greenday are money grabbing Whorebags, they have way more money to splash out on blackmail, lawyers and bribes...
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
More importantly

Queen was voted the best British band of all time. That's ****in bullshit! How could those pussies in Queen beat the Beatles?
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
More importantly

Queen was voted the best British band of all time. That's ****in bullshit! How could those pussies in Queen beat the Beatles?

Holly shit!!!!!!! what are people on!!!!!!!

Beatles ftw!!!

im so gonna kill england now

Edit: O doesnt matter only like 100,000 people voted out of the 80 million actualy on the isles lol, they make it sound like the whole of britian did it lol.
Last edited by Feel bad inc. at Jan 15, 2007,
Quote by Muphin
More importantly

Queen was amazing, whether you like it or not. Freddie Mercury was a charismatic front man.
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
Wow, two wholly unoriginal and completely overrated bands duke it out in the courtroom!

Well Oasis DID release Wonderwall, so I hope they sue Green Day to oblivion...

EDIT: Muphin, I fucking hate your guts.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Wow, two wholly unoriginal and completely overrated bands duke it out in the courtroom!

Well Oasis DID release Wonderwall, so I hope they sue Green Day to oblivion...

EDIT: Muphin, I fucking hate your guts.

I like Oasis but hate Queen and metal Lots of people hate me.

Radiohead > All though.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
pfft, that's old. get the mashup of those 2 songs, plus travis' 'writing to reach you'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boulevard_Of_Broken_Songs
What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.
- Bill Hicks
Quote by MrAngryEyes
pfft, that's old. get the mashup of those 2 songs, plus travis' 'writing to reach you'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boulevard_Of_Broken_Songs

this dude's right! you have made the most intelligent post in this thread! (sig that!!!!)

in addition to that i heard this on the radio(the accusation) a month ago and have been drawing comparisons between the two ever since i heard the mashup...
Quote by Laces Out Danny
wtfs a hickey?!
The two songs don't sound at all similar...
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by Muphin
I like Oasis but hate Queen and metal Lots of people hate me.

Radiohead > All though.

i agree with the liking Oasis thing (sometimes i feel that im the only Oasis fan in the world) and hating metal is also good, but i think Queen were the beatles of their decade.

~Rocker007
*remembers both tunes*

They sound similar, but not THAT similar....
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Rockwolf
Noel Gallagher is funny

Liam is funnier.

Liam: *mumbles gibberish in microphone*
Noel: He's a twat, he's a fookin' bald twat.
Liam: *more gibberish*
Noel: This next song's called Champagne Supernova.
Liam: *Faps wang* Champagne Supernoova!
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Liam is funnier.

Liam: *mumbles gibberish in microphone*
Noel: He's a twat, he's a fookin' bald twat.
Liam: *more gibberish*
Noel: This next song's called Champagne Supernova.
Liam: *Faps wang* Champagne Supernoova!

I think most people will agree with me that that deserves a hearty WTF?
at not point in that article does it say his going to sue them.

Its a thing noal gallagher says. Trust me it always look alot worst on paper then when you hear him say.
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"

Anyone remember the 2DTV scene involving Liam Gallagher?
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

I heard the two songs layered over each other. It's frickin WEIRD. They have the same bridge placement, verse/chorus arrangement, the only difference being the lyrical flow.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I hope if this goes to court Greenday get proper raped.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Quote by rocker007

i agree with the liking Oasis thing (sometimes i feel that im the only Oasis fan in the world) and hating metal is also good, but i think Queen were the beatles of their decade.

~Rocker007

How the hell is hating a genre of music good?

Are you just ****ing retarded or something?
Noel Gallagher is a ****ing idiot
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Muphin
More importantly

Queen ****ing owns The Beatles.
Quote by Archaon
Queen ****ing owns The Beatles.

I have no love for the beatles but the idea of a nation of people liking over the top vocals and absoloutley horrible overdone guitar harmonies distreesses me.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
if you listen to rocking chair by oasis and then wake me up... by green day there are similar but old noel isnt complaining. the n00b elite!
trust me, you are a bloody idiot

i'll pwn u with my steel scratchplate!!!!
Page 1 of 2