hey guys,
im starting to get into a bit of slide playing but i need my action raised, but i dont want to have it high all the time. i believe u can stick a pencil under the strings at the first fret but this will damage your fretboard. any suggestions ?
I was feeling the same thing, my thought was to make a kind of reverse capo, but, that idea will take some designing and work to make, I would think the pencil would work, but I would recommend something between it and the fretboard, some felt or rubber or something, also, a pencil might not hold up well, it might be to soft to ring out and sustain well, maybe look into something a little denser.
"Let me tell you something about Rebels, Obi-Wayne. They want you to come get them, they LOVE it."
Quote by Uhh, Tanner
I was feeling the same thing, my thought was to make a kind of reverse capo, but, that idea will take some designing and work to make, I would think the pencil would work, but I would recommend something between it and the fretboard, some felt or rubber or something, also, a pencil might not hold up well, it might be to soft to ring out and sustain well, maybe look into something a little denser.

sorry i meant nail. It shows u on the pick n grin slide video
jam a piece of wood (pretty small actualy) on the first fret below the strings.

Wait, since you have a stagg LC500, that's a lp copy right? Just raise those 2 screws ffs.