G'day all, just today i put in a deposit for my new Eclipse and am now eagerly waiting for it to come in. I had to order it unfortunately : (

I have tested very similar models before and found them to be absolutely amazing (closest model being ec-1000). It handled all the genres i tried playing on it, which were metal/ heavy metal / harcore etc but was wondering if anyone happens to know if it can create tones that are close to nirvana/red hot chili peppers. I managed to get some pretty nice nirvanaish tones on the ec1000on my crate GT3500H

i am currently using a scummy aria stg series fender clone and it gets a pretty versitle sound and can get just about any genre. but the quality of tone isn't as good :P.

so yes, incase i've rambled to much, does anyone who owns and eclipse know if you can manage to get some fender-ish tones from it?

cheers
-Dan
well, it depends. if you have the duncans in, then ya. i got almost the same set that they put in the eclipse on my lp, its pretty versatile, but you gotta keep the vol on the guitar a bit lower and the tone a little lower. and then just eq your amp and youll be good. but if you have emgs, it might be a bit more difficult, but you'd just have to play around with it to get something close, thats what i do, but some guitar-pu combo's just cant get close. like, i have this shitty ibanez, it plays real well, but the tone is really poor, just flat. i cant get much out of it. the stuff i can get is so-so thouhg. anyway, hope that helps
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
hmm fender tones from an esp with EMGs isn't going to be easy(if at all possible) emgs can't be coil split either(except the 89s)
I see, well yes indeed it will be emg's. 81 on bridge and 60 on neck. I suspected as much that it would be unfavourable.

i also noticed about the volume and tone with the duncans when i tested one in store. nearly lost my sense of hearing because of it ;p. once i figured it out i didn't get the tones i wanted like the emg's, but the cleans were defiantely fantastic