ive started useing WD40 to shine and clean the body and fretboard

could this do my guitar any harm ?

like ive heard that usein some polishes , like silicone based ones, can seriously bugger up the wood in the long run

whats best for cleaning and polishing my guitar with ?
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
I wouldnt recommend using stuff like that, it could corrode, damage, and mess up your finish. I just use a moist towel, but you can buy cleaning products for guitars for cheap.
OMG! thats the stupidest shit i have ever heard. WD40? dont be surprised if you guitar like melts...

Heres what you do to clean your guitar.

face cloth, hot water, squeeze all the hot water out until its moist. whipe down the body and theyre should be no water on the guitar because the cloth was squeezed out and only damp. that will take of all the gunk.

To clean the fretboard, I ussualy use lemon oil, or orange glo or w/e. It moisturizes the wood, and makes sure to whipe it all clean after it has sat on the neck for a couple minutes to obsorb it.

BTW WELCOME ME BACK I WAS JUST UNBANNED AND ITS GOOD TO BE BACK!!!
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
WD 40 is a solvent, so it might well eat the finish and is NOT a good idea.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
damn Im stupid
you can use it for so many other things plastic.....metal .... babies

i just thought wood would be ok to lol
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL!
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
I just use furniture polish on mine...

...might as well, I never polish my furniture.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

WD40 is fine, just as most other solvent based cleaning products. They won't hurt your guitars finish, the modern poly finishes on guitars today are basically rock hard plastic. They can virtually withstand any solvent you can dump on them. Would I suggest using it though? No, but in the long run it will ruin your finish.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
I just use good old breath and a duster. On things like the frets I've used T-Cut in the past, and the same on scratched pickguards. Worked wonders. But on the body itself and the neck finish, I juse use breath and elbow grease.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by Devon8822
OMG! thats the stupidest shit i have ever heard. WD40? dont be surprised if you guitar like melts...

face cloth, hot water, squeeze all the hot water out until its moist. whipe down the body and theyre should be no water on the guitar because the cloth was squeezed out and only damp. that will take of all the gunk.

To clean the fretboard, I ussualy use lemon oil, or orange glo or w/e. It moisturizes the wood, and makes sure to whipe it all clean after it has sat on the neck for a couple minutes to obsorb it.

that's th best way to clean your guitar

BTW i don't give a fuc k ing donkey ball if you're unbanned, but welcome back
Quote by Devon8822

Im going to report you jk

I just wipe off my guitar with some fresh hydrochloric acid yumm
I just use good old breath and a duster. On things like the frets I've used T-Cut in the past, and the same on scratched pickguards. Worked wonders. But on the body itself and the neck finish, I juse use breath and elbow grease.

The only people I know with that kind of breath spend their days sat on the War Memorial with 2 litre bottles of White Lightning. And you might want to start cleaning your elbows properly if they're greasy, unless you work in a chippy in which case no point!

My mum always used to look at me in amazement when she saw me walk past with the Mr Sheen and a duster...her face fell when I said "I'm cleaning my guitar...not my room!"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull

My mum always used to look at me in amazement when she saw me walk past with the Mr Sheen and a duster...her face fell when I said "I'm cleaning my guitar...not my room!"

thats goin in my sig. lol.
No, you're wrong.

It melts babies, also.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R