I'm about to go ahead and put my Marshall MG30DFX up on ebay so that I can have enough money for an Epiphone Valve Junior...

but yeah before I go and make a possible mistake (well, I doubt it), I just want to make sure this is a smart thing to do.

I also have a Boss DS-2 and ZVEX Fuzz Factory which I will continue to use, but as the epiphone VJ only has a volume knob I will also soon purchase a Boss EQ pedal.

but yeah would this certainly be an improvement over my Marshall? I'd bet good money on what I think the majority is going to say...but as I said, just checking.
Tha VJ is a cool amp. Good luck selling the MG. It'll have to be to some poor unsuspecting soul who doesn't read these forums.

Keep in mind that as loud as the Epi will get, it may not get as loud as your MG. Don't know if that's a concern of yours. The one-knob thing shouldn't be. I get a lot of tone out of mine with just the controls on my guitar. It takes pedals great, too. I was planning on getting an EQ for mine, but changed my mind. Try it before you buy one.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Well I currently only keep my Marshall MG at 2 for home practice....I'd imagine the Epiphones maximum is louder than that
Quote by matt bickerton
Well I currently only keep my Marshall MG at 2 for home practice....I'd imagine the Epiphones maximum is louder than that

Oh yeah. In that case, it may even be too loud. You definitely want to crank the little guy!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
It's cool. Just on principle though, I wouldn;t want to spend money on an eq pedal for an amp of that size or price.... it's like putting bareknuckle pickups in a squier.

Good luck with the purchase anyways, it's a great little amp.

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.