Hey everyone, I just upgraded my guitar setup, so next is my rig. Im going to be probably getting some kind of used tube combo amp for my birthday in July, so I can spend any money I make between now and then on effects.

First, I looked at the Boss GT-6 and GT-8. Then I looked at the PODxt Live. I can get the GT-6 for abour $250, and the GT-8 and the POD are around $400.

I was thinking if I should just buy all single pedals, maybe 3 or 4 of them for my tube/current amp, or if I should maybe buy just the GT-6 for $250, and the rest of the $$$ for another pedal that it doesnt have.

Thanks for the help!
definately individual pedals. the multi's sound way too digital, and with the single effects you get to tweak your sound more. plus the multi effects pedals never sound convincing enough.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
you could consider getting a cheaper multi to try iut some different types of effect, then once you know what you want, buy them individually
Tonight is "I love this EQ pedal" night. I'm playing a rooted old strat into an marshall MG15 combo, but as soon as I put the EQ pedal in the line, I'm working with a strong signal and it sounds FAT.

Later on when we can afford big ass amps, and better guitars, and a line switch between channels on the head this will become less important, but for playing at home, having that extra gain and presets under my foot is fantastic. I'm a rockstar in my own front hallway lol.

edit- actually it's still not "oh god I need this sound on our EP" great, but there has been a reduction in crapness"
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Last edited by Cosimo_Zaretti at Jan 15, 2007,
Well I could either get a Delay/Chorus/EQ pedal, or buy the GT-6 for the same price.

I like versitility, so the GT series appeals to me. It's not that much $$$ compared to the GT-8.
Nowadays multieffect pedals sound quite good, not digital and tinny anymore. They give you a lot of effects at a price that you could only buy a couple of (slightly better sounding) single effect pedals for. If you like to have a lot of different effects at your disposal multieffect is the way to go. It's also much easier to use, in stead of having to stomp multiple pedals to change your sounds (like switching off chorus and delay, but switching on distortion and reverb when going into a solo) you can just switch to a different patch on your multieffect by one tap of your foot.

Another advantage is that you can EQ every patch on most multieffects units, 'cause when you use for example a single effect distoriton pedal that doesn't have an EQ (like most Boss distortion pedals) you're forced to use the same settings that your clean sound has.

So in general:
Single effects: slightly better sound
Multi effects: a sound that's almost as good, much more versatility, much easier to use with the patches and stuff, much more effects and your disposal, and all at a much lower price!

Some people are probably gonna flame me 'cause some people have some sort of prejucice against multieffects 'cause ten years ago most of them still sounded crappy.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Quote by Dardarian
Nowadays multieffect pedals sound quite good, not digital and tinny anymore. They give you a lot of effects at a price that you could only buy a couple of (slightly better sounding) single effect pedals for. If you like to have a lot of different effects at your disposal multieffect is the way to go. It's also much easier to use, in stead of having to stomp multiple pedals to change your sounds (like switching off chorus and delay, but switching on distortion and reverb when going into a solo) you can just switch to a different patch on your multieffect by one tap of your foot.

Another advantage is that you can EQ every patch on most multieffects units, 'cause when you use for example a single effect distoriton pedal that doesn't have an EQ (like most Boss distortion pedals) you're forced to use the same settings that your clean sound has.

So in general:
Single effects: slightly better sound
Multi effects: a sound that's almost as good, much more versatility, much easier to use with the patches and stuff, much more effects and your disposal, and all at a much lower price!

Some people are probably gonna flame me 'cause some people have some sort of prejucice against multieffects 'cause ten years ago most of them still sounded crappy.

Thanks man, good advice. Yeah for the price of a GT-6, I could maybe get 2-3 good pedals.
Check out the Zoom multieffect pedals btw. I have the G2 and really like it, but they have a lot of pedals that are even better.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Which would be better, a GT-6 for $250, or a GT-8 for $400? What does the GT-8 have over the GT-6?
I vote for the GT-8 because of the increase in preamp options as well as additional effects. And the GT-8 has WAY more options to tweak per effect than any single effect I've seen on the market (again, I'll bring up my argument, is there a chorus pedal that has variable depth depending on the wave of your phaser? Didn't think so). And as far as you getting bored with an effect and selling it later...uh...you often don't get much in return for a pedal as you invested, so I'd say the multi wins there. You get bored with an effect, you don't use it...so you've got 30 more effects to tool around with.

The quality of the GT-8 is increadible, and the sound is great (disclaimer...as long as you READ THE MANUAL AND SET IT UP PROPERLY...realize it is not an amp/analog box and will not respond the same way). Do some reading and hit guitar center to spend some time with the unit before you commit.
Quote by Dardarian
Check out the Zoom multieffect pedals btw. I have the G2 and really like it, but they have a lot of pedals that are even better.

I have also have a zoom multi-fx pedal, and I completely agree with your post beforehand.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3