alrighty, my band cant quite complete its lineup so we are gonna make a demo with 3 members (screams, singing, 2 guitars, bass and drums) to attract people. will this fit our needs?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-Black-Box-Guitar-PerformanceRecording-System?sku=241102

how many tracks exactly does it have, the vocals can go on one, rythym and bass on one, lead guitar on one and drums on one.

p.s. can you record your own drums or do you have to use the patterns?
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
record through that on to your computer, you can multitrack and mix much easier and you can use that for an effects board/mixer... What mics will you be using to record the drums ?
Quote by scheck006
If UG had rep I'd give it to you.

Quote by zetaspartan2552
sounds like your mom suffers from mental retardation.

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Peavey Special 212 Guitar Amp
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos
and the other instruments
Quote by scheck006

Quote by zetaspartan2552

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos
you can use one mic but you get alot of natural reverberations and such, that what i used to do and it sounded Alright but not great i now use a seven piece CAD drum miking kit
Quote by scheck006

Quote by zetaspartan2552

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos
There is only one mic input, which means you will be micing the drums with only one mic, which means it will sound pretty bad.

I'd suggest getting a different audio interface with more mic inputs.

I just bought my first audio interface a couple weeks ago. Originally I was going to get the Line 6 Toneport UX2 (2 Guitar Inputs, 2 Mic inputs), but when I got to the store, the sales rep. told me I'd be better off with this...

Tascam US-122L

It comes with Cubase LE, so it's ready to go right out of the box. All you need is your own mic. If you don't have a mic you can get the Tascam TNT Bundle Pack which is the US-122L and a condenser mic with desktop stand and a short mic cable.

So far, I've been very happy with it. Of course, the recording quality isn't amazing, but my first attempt at recording sounded pretty damn good.

EDIT: There is a guitar input on the US-122L, but I haven't used it yet, I just mic'd my amp. It will be a little bit more work, but you just record everything individually. With two mics, you can do an alright job of micing an entire drumset
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
Last edited by fisher6 at Jan 15, 2007,
strict $200 budget, and we dont have mics except one crappy vocal mic(which has a 1/4 line input), we have 3 songs, we just need to record them, my friend has a BOSS BR we can use for free, worth paying $200 for my own?
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
Last edited by synester_gates at Jan 15, 2007,
could you go into a recording studio for 200 bucks for 1 day?
I don't know, but in england you can get a pretty basic demo down in 1 day for about 100 quid. ( 200 bucks ).
look around on the internet..
Well, the Tascam I suggested is $150, and I'm sure you could find a really cheap condenser mic somewhere. It won't be very good, but it'll be something.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack