I have a chance to build a guitar for my tech GCSE, and i really love the look of Zebrawood, so i was thinking of making a whole bodied guitar of Zebrawood, but does anyone have any experience of how this wood works? is it easy to sand? what finishes are reccommended for it? and what are it's qualities as a tonewood?
thanks

EDIT: also, does anyopne have any wiring diagrams for a PRS style rotary pickup selector switch, and where i could buy one?
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Last edited by I-AM-NOT-GOD at Jan 15, 2007,
for the PRS ... look on seymourduncan.com
as for the wood ... no clue
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Zebrawood does look killer. Warmoth website has descriptions of pretty much every wood you could imagine.
I would use a very light wood for the back and use a drop top for the zebrawood, I don't really think its a good idea, but try it...

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
it sounds similar to maple and is very heavy
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
A question about zebrano necks..

There's a big chance I will make a neck-through guitar. The neck will be a laminate of zebrano-maple-zebrano, and the wings will be of mahogany. (Still haven't decided on the top yet) Would this guitar have balance issues, or will it be okay?
Just go with a 3 peice maple neck.

And when you say balance, I assume you mean physically, not tonally. Physically the body would be a bit heavier.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club