I was just wondering how well a JCM900 combo dual reverb would perform for doing hard rock? Also, is it a one trick pony, or can I turn back the gain, and get some softer tones out of it? Thanks
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

depends on what kind of hard rock you want, if its more modrn hardrock the 900 will perform better than the plexi if you want a more classic 70s hard rock the plexi will do better. But be warned that none of the plexis ive seen have master volumes so youll have to crank it to get overdrive.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The 900 can do hard rock ... but it really depends on what you mean by hard rock.
Sent from my iPad.
i also have a question about the jcm 900 combo and so I don't have to start a new thread ill post it here. How is it compared to a dsl? Like with teh 900 could i get tones similar to Trivium, Metallica, MCR, HIM, turbonegro?
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
900'll do hard rock nicely. although, that depends on how loud your going to crank it. the louder the better, a nice overdrive pedal wouldn't hurt either.

audio - dsl has more gain, and is more versitile, but the 900 sounds a little more natural. something about the dsl just wasn't right when i played it. still both are really nice amps.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Sorry - I should have defined this earlier on. I am really into well defined tone. Ie. no fizzy bassy, mess of a metal sounding amp. Also I don't like chainsaw treble - I like to use good amounts of gain, but I also like to keep my mids in there to a certain degree. Sure, I scoop'em some, but as little as possible. So that is why I say hard rock instead of just metal. I don't care much for the tone of a lot of metal. I like clear definition to my sound.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

well the hole point of metal tone is to be as defined as possible...

(this isn't speaking for recto's... haha)

and if anything, marshalls aren't really defined at all...
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Can anyone give me soundclips of the JCM900? ^ Yeah sorry, I totally didn't mean to diss metal tone. That would be really noobish. No, but I think you know what i am talking about when I talk about that occasional ultra hi-gain undefined tone. You know fizzy, popping just sludge. That's what I would like to avoid.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Last edited by thrice_removed at Jan 15, 2007,
then avoid mesa tripple/dual recto's and randalls. and don't scoop your mids. i play metal and i know what you mean when you say things get sloopy when you remove mids from tone. and i didn't take is a dissing, just metal tones usually are as defined as possible.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Does anyone have soundclips of this?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Well a JCM900 is more for 90's hard rock. The JCM800 is for 80's hard rock. The JCM800 is more of a hard rock amp generally. A Plexi can do some classic hard rock and 80's hard rock with an OD, but a JCM800 is a also a good hard rock amp

Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009