Hi,

This is my first post.Im 16 and have been playing for 3 years.

I want to place an order with gibson custom shop.

I want a white les paul whith gold hardware binding on the body,neck and maybe the headstock.

I want the humbucker rings and the toggle switch and back plates and pickguard to be cream.

How much would this cost in the gibson custom shop.If some of you have ordered from gibson custom shop, how much do you THINK it would cost to build this.

Thanks

Hernan
Why don't you just ask them yourself? It's not like you're committing to buy one when you just ask a question...You can even request a quote online.

Anyway, on Musiciansfriend.com Les Paul Customs cost $3,299, and seeing as your specifications aren't that crazy, it should be about the same price, +10 like 100 bucks.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by Satch_Boogie
Buying a 3k guitar at 16? Lucky lucky boy.

if he has the money use it. i spent 3k on my amp, and my guitar was 3k too.

i can't settle for cheap crap, it shouoldn't matter what age you are. i'm 18 and never think twice about the money i spent on gear, its all worth it.
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
yah very lucky, but if you actually go through the custom shop, it's going to cost A LOT more than 3 grand. I suggest getting a white custom and just getting the white accessories you want (which will probably cost $40, maybe $50). If you go through the custom shop, expect 10-15 thousand to be the price tag!!! Also, expect it to take 4-5 months!!
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by rich2k4

i can't settle for cheap crap, it shouoldn't matter what age you are. i'm 18 and never think twice about the money i spent on gear, its all worth it.

I agree!!!!!!!!!!

If im going to buy something I might as well wait and buy what I want.
My amp is not too cheap and its actually very good.
Its a Traynor ycv80 class A all tube amp with 80 watts.It sounds unique and I love it.My current guitar is a schecter c1 classic wich I love and it plays great and sounds great too.My friend has a les paul studio and the schecter is better but Its just that I love the shape and style of the LP and I really need to get myself one.

I earned the money so why not.

Hernan
To be honest it'd be far better value to get an independent luthier to make you a custom job to those specs. And remember, if you want a custom guitar they'll want to know EVERYTHING...pickups, neck profile, fingerboard radius, nut width etc.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
hmm tbh id wait \ year or two until you really know what u want from a guitar before buying such an expensive one, unless you have LOOOOADS of money. You might decide in a year's time u'd prefer a flatter neck or a thinner body or maybe a floating trem, i duno im not saying dont get it, just be VERY sure this is the right time for you.
Last edited by Atreideslegend at Jan 15, 2007,
Custom Shop Gibsons will cost you atleast $6,000+. They're not cheap, but are they good? Yeah, they're moderately good, but you can get a way better guitar for almost half the price tag from a luthier. Plus, you'll get the exact guitar you want, down to the most minute details. That's not exactly an option with Gibson Custom Shop, but you'll get a nice guitar either way.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by Atreideslegend
hmm tbh id wait \ year or two until you really know what u want from a guitar before buying such an expensive one, unless you have LOOOOADS of money. You might decide in a year's time u'd prefer a flatter neck or a thinner body or maybe a floating trem, i duno im not saying dont get it, just be VERY sure this is the right time for you.

I have waited a year and I know exacly what I want.I dont want a trem because I really dont like em and the good ones( dobble locking) are too difficult to work with and the neck I prefer is 60s style neck.

But I just got an email from sweetwater and they told me that gibson is not doing oders on custom shop from people.

I wanted to check if they still make a white les paul standard.I saw em on ebay but the year they were made are in 1989-1990 that I know of.

If anybody knows please help me

Hernan
You mean, like, a Standard, but in white?

Looks like they don't, but you can get a Studio, which is the same thing, or a Supreme, which is the same thing but better looking, in white.
Quote by rich2k4

Bastard.

I'm just jealous and need a job

But yes you are right, I was going to get an Epi G310 and a Marshall MG100. But in the end I got a G400 and a DSL401, And boy am I pleased I did.

The feeling of buying something expencive and having no regrets is a great one.

Cheers.

P.S. LP's in artic white are great lookers.
If you're looking at spending 3+ grands on a guitar, you definitely need to order one from an independent luthier. You'll get FAR better quality, excellent support, and an attention to detail NO big company will give you.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by ar73m
If you're looking at spending 3+ grands on a guitar, you definitely need to order one from an independent luthier. You'll get FAR better quality, excellent support, and an attention to detail NO big company will give you.

Hi,

I want to know what this luthier thing means.

Is it Gibson????

I want a genuine gibson les paul. So whats a luthier and does he work for gibson?
A luthier basically means a person who makes guitars. What people usually mean by independent luthiers, are small companies who specialize in making custom guitars. A guitar made by an independent luthier wouldn't be a genuine Gibson Les Paul, but it would most likely be way better - unless for whatever reason you ONLY want to play a GIBSON and nothing else (which would be quite silly )

Just google or something, also here's a good place to get you started:

www.conklinguitars.com

It's expensive, but if you can afford one, a guitar like that would last you a lifetime.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
It's gonna' cost you too much, it's gonna' take years to build (one guy's took him 3 years and they screwed it up after that and he still had to pay)

Just buy a guitar that sounds great to you, looks shouldn't matter that much, you didn't even mention what woods or pickups you want.

Why do you just want Gibson? That's stupid.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
It's gonna' cost you too much, it's gonna' take years to build (one guy's took him 3 years and they screwed it up after that and he still had to pay)

Just buy a guitar that sounds great to you, looks shouldn't matter that much, you didn't even mention what woods or pickups you want.

Why do you just want Gibson? That's stupid.

I want a gibson because thats I saved all my money for.I wanted a white one but if not ill go with the ebony one and cusmize it myself.And I dont think its stupid to buy what I like.They sound great and for me look great so guess what?

THATS GREAT

And I think that if I earned this money and it took me a long time then yes looks do matter.I will buy it because I like it and will be happy with it.

Hernan
When i was looking for a custom silverburst, i found a russian Luther who would make reproduce every spec. from a gibson (except for the logo). Generally cost $1500-$3000

Here is the link: Shamray
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by Hernan_lp
I want a gibson because thats I saved all my money for.I wanted a white one but if not ill go with the ebony one and cusmize it myself.And I dont think its stupid to buy what I like.They sound great and for me look great so guess what?

THATS GREAT

And I think that if I earned this money and it took me a long time then yes looks do matter.I will buy it because I like it and will be happy with it.

Hernan

the point is you shouldn't need to customize thing yourself when you're paying 3000$+ , the guitar should be perfect , simply perfect in every little single way imaginable to you. and be everything you ever wanted.
also im not saying I like only gibsons.As a matter of fact the luthiers gitars look great.But since I want a les paul so bad I guess ill treat myself.
If you've got the money etc, go for it.

But what amp do you have? I reckon the amp's more important than the guitar, no point of gettin' a flashy Gibson if you've got an MG15.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I'm willing to bet different luthiers will make you a les paul shaped guitar.
If i had $3k to spend i wouldn't want to have to customize a single thing or do anywork myself and that's what luthiers are for.
Quote by R_H_C_P
If you've got the money etc, go for it.

But what amp do you have? I reckon the amp's more important than the guitar, no point of gettin' a flashy Gibson if you've got an MG15.

My amp is an 80watt traynor class A all tube amp with 2x12 celestion speackers.It sounds great.My pedal is a digitech gnx2 workstation.
Quote by wonder725
I'm willing to bet different luthiers will make you a les paul shaped guitar.
If i had $3k to spend i wouldn't want to have to customize a single thing or do anywork myself and that's what luthiers are for.

since I cant find what I want ill buy the gibson les paul standard in ebony for 2119.And with a couple of bucks I can change it to gold hardware and other things I like.And I really like this guitar too.Its just that I love the white ones especially when they age and turn cream.

Hernan
Quote by ar73m
A luthier basically means a person who makes guitars. What people usually mean by independent luthiers, are small companies who specialize in making custom guitars. A guitar made by an independent luthier wouldn't be a genuine Gibson Les Paul, but it would most likely be way better - unless for whatever reason you ONLY want to play a GIBSON and nothing else (which would be quite silly )

And they're usually half the price tag of what Gibson Custom Shop guitars cost. I could build a LP to the exact specs as Gibsons for more than half the price tag of a Custom Shop. They're ridiculously overpriced.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by pierce34celtic
^ Great amp right there. I say if you really want a Gibson, and have the money, by all means go for it.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmmm i believe the standard LP your talking about in white with cream hardware was made in 88, and actually my uncle just bought one, idk if hes selling it in the shop or not tho
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dertjoe
hmmm i believe the standard LP your talking about in white with cream hardware was made in 88, and actually my uncle just bought one, idk if hes selling it in the shop or not tho

YES the ones ive seen on ebay have been from the 1990 or 89 so thats the one.Too bad they dont make em anymore
The only insight i have is if you REALLY want a gibson go for it, it will be a great guitar, but getting it luthier built will get you a better guitar at a better value. Is Slash's favourite LP not a luthier built one?
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by SublimeGuitar
When i was looking for a custom silverburst, i found a russian Luther who would make reproduce every spec. from a gibson (except for the logo). Generally cost $1500-$3000

Here is the link: Shamray

That wouldnt happen to be yours, would it? How much did your particular guitar cost? Im looking at possibly getting a custom LP later on down the road.
Quote by tomguitarworshi
The only insight i have is if you REALLY want a gibson go for it, it will be a great guitar, but getting it luthier built will get you a better guitar at a better value. Is Slash's favourite LP not a luthier built one?

The les paul he used on Appetite for Destruction was a custom luthier built one... I'm not sure if its his favorite, but IMO its his best sounding...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I wanted a gibson les paul supreme for 6 months, but when I finally bought a new guitar, I settled on a prs, and I am happy. They have better factory set ups, are alot lighter, are comfortable and play and sound great. Check them out before you buy a paul
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Quote by rich2k4

I'm not saying you generally don't get what you pay for, but that's just moronic.