Everyone shays I should get my hair layered, but I'm not sure if I should. My hair is really thin, and almost to my shoulders, though I'm getting it cut, it's too long. What does layering it do, does it make it look thicker? I'd throw in a picture... but knowing the pit, I'd be photoshopped in 2 seconds.

Thanks
Layering rocks man, chicks dig it too. I got mine layered a few years ago, makes long hair so much better.

Only get it layered if you can handle women throwing themselves at you when you walk down the school hallway
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
uhhh, pics?
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
How exactly...does it get layered, If you don't mind answering?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
the bottom is left the same length, the next layer of hair is cut a little shorter, the next a little shorter again, the next a little shorter again...for about four or five layers.

my hair is layered, but i'm not sure i have a good pic of it...oh wait, this one:

myspace is for idiots.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
yeah...it'll look kinda like stairs. pretty cool actually.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Layered hair is awesome. Looks way better than just a slop of long hair. Plus it grows in better too.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
The thing is, my hair is really thin! I'm afraid it won't look very good. I mean, my hair moves with the slightest breeze, and will be messed up all day. I really hate my hair!
Quote by Rebirah
The thing is, my hair is really thin! I'm afraid it won't look very good. I mean, my hair moves with the slightest breeze, and will be messed up all day. I really hate my hair!

use volumising shampoo and conditioner, and blowdry your hair upside down. ok, it might be a girly thing to do, but it works!

and layers can be used to give your hair more body and volume. ask your hairdresser and they'll do it for you
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
<//////>~ dA
If your hair is like...kinda medium rough? Will layering be able to suite me? I mean, the only people that I've seen that had layared hair were people who had thin hair.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
If your hair is like...kinda medium rough? Will layering be able to suite me? I mean, the only people that I've seen that had layared hair were people who had thin hair.

i have really really thick hair, and layering suits me.
<//////>~ dA
Quote by esther_mouse
i have really really thick hair, and layering suits me.

Huh...alright thanks for the advice. I think I'll be getting my layered as soon as possible (feels the asian hair)

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I guess I'm going to be getting my hair layered, it seems like the best thing to do. Thanks Esther, everyone.
Quote by Rebirah
I guess I'm going to be getting my hair layered, it seems like the best thing to do. Thanks Esther, everyone.

np, show us a pic when it's done so i can sue my hairdresser for being naff and substandard, lol.
<//////>~ dA