Im looking for a good guitar for shredding that costs around $400 and has 24 frets and a floyd rosw I might be able to go as high as $500 but thats the highest Ive been playing a lot of Steve Vai lately and want to upgrade my guitar. thanx
Last edited by 420 FREAK at Jan 15, 2007,
go for ibanez RG series, should be a good one aound your price range

and its SHREDDING not SHREADING
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Its a guitar that can read quietly...hence " SHHHHHHH! Reading!". But if you said shredding guitar, then I would recommend playing one first and seeing which you like best. But NAMM is coming soon so wait until after then. But if you still aren't satisfied, try an RG321MH.
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
you mean shredding ? right?

ibanez

jackson

thats it really, both vai and satriani use ibanez, so i would suppose you might wanna look into those.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
I quite like the Rg350-Rg370 models in particular, cheap and quite a very nice guitar.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
I quite like the Rg350-Rg370 models in particular, cheap and quite a very nice guitar.

No, the tremolo fails, and goes out of tune in a pinch. Go for the tremless RG321mh, or save up for a prestige RG, those are truly amazing guitars.
I'm back, you douchebags.
They are active Pickups so yes they need batteries. However EMGs are excellent and you should be satisfied with them.

ALso DO NOT I repeat DO NOT get the Ibanez RG350. The Trem is awful and it sounds thin and pathetic.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
I think I'm going to get the Schecter Damien FR now I just have to sell my other guitar and save money.
Quote by Mechanixx
They are active Pickups so yes they need batteries. However EMGs are excellent and you should be satisfied with them.

ALso DO NOT I repeat DO NOT get the Ibanez RG350. The Trem is awful and it sounds thin and pathetic.

The EMGs in the Damien are passive which means no batteries.
Quote by pierce34celtic
The EMGs in the Damien are passive which means no batteries.

I didnt actually look, I just assumed the EMGs were the usual actives. Thanks for pointing that out.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by One Way Ticket
No, the tremolo fails, and goes out of tune in a pinch. Go for the tremless RG321mh, or save up for a prestige RG, those are truly amazing guitars.

Wrong. I've played the guitar, and if you get the trem set up right, it's fine.
Quote by Mechanixx

If you get the trem set up right, it's fine.
Quote by pierce34celtic
It may be fine short term, but eventually it wears out.

You can make it last awhile though, if it messes up later you can swap it out for a different trem.

Remember, the RG350 is a VERY good project guitar. If you swap out the pickups and bridge sometime in it's life, it's a fantastic guitar.
EMGs aren't great for the midsy shred tone. I have them in a guitar, that I use for high gain metal, and that's about all it can do. I'd say go for an RG321 and DiMarzio pups. You aren't gunna get a guitar with a good trem for that price.
Quest for "the tone": pending.
Quote by pierce34celtic

Tremsetter helps.
Quote by pierce34celtic

Wears out? Have you even played one?

It's just like any other guitar with a floating bridge. You need to maintain the thing. It doesn't sound thin and pathetic either, as Mechanixx claims. Sure, it's not one of the best trem systems out there, but it's not some horrible piece of garbage either. As others have said, the stock pickups INF3 and INF4, and a single coil, but I don't recall the name of it, aren't the greatest, but they get the job done. I actually left the neck pickup in mine for quite some time before I finally decided what I was going to change it to. It wasn't all that bad.

Quote by pierce34celtic
^ That's true, but remember also that the RG1570 is a much higher quality guitar since it's a Prestige and MIJ.

Ok... the RG1570 is a nice guitar. I'd buy another one, if I had the cash, but it's out of the budget he listed, so why try shooting other instruments that he can actually afford down because you feel that this specific RG model is good? It's a very similar guitar, but with the prestige neck, slightly-less shitty pickups, and a better trem, but it's still about $350 more than what he stated for a price.
Last edited by Buzz762 at Jan 15, 2007,
IBANEZ ALL THE WAY especially for that price ibanez is definately one of the best bang for buck guitar out there and very versatile guitars
Quote by GuitarEvan07
hey guys how is the rg 370DX cmopared to the rg 350

Identical aside from cosmetics. The RG350DX has a pick guard where the RG370 does not. There's color differences between them as well.
Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
go for ibanez RG series, should be a good one aound your price range

and its SHREDDING not SHREADING

And its "Around" n00b
I'd suggest something in Jackson's JS series, but the only ones with 24 frets are hard-tail. Stupid Jackson. Their Dinkies are Floyd Rose, but have 22 frets.
Jackson JS30KE
Roland Cube 30
I decided that i'm going to get the Schecter C-1 FR with a coffin case its got active humbuckers and that should give me the sound I want and i'm going to get it in white although i havnet seen any pics im getting sick of black guitars. I looked at all the Ibanez guitars in my price range and some off the reviews wern't too good and id probably have to change the pickups and this should do good stock